Pros and cons of promenade rooms

Pro- nice center of the ship cabin, good place to people watch from the window

Con- the bed is sidways in the room and leaves very little space at the foot of the bed to walk around.(especially at night in the dark) No, the space doesn't change, but the perception of space does!

We traveled in Feb on the AOS in two connecting PR rooms.

Pro - Having the window does ease the feeling of confinement but we were on the end of the promenade therefore not much to look at. We definately spent little waking time in the room.

Con - Extremely little storage space. There was three or at most four small drawers under the TV, other than closet space (including hard to access shelves in closet) that was it.

As far as the rest of the room goes it was fine. I am not expecting spacious when I cruise.

We have cruised several times in inside rooms (not RCL) and the advantage to having an inside which is not PR is that the beds can be located at the far end of the room so you don't have to squeeze by them to get to the sofa/window etc. That being said I would opt for an inside that might have more storage over a PR.

Kathy J

We tried a PR for the 1st time and really liked it. We loved the extra seating and watching the parades and people. We liked the bed "sideways"...it gave us more room on either side. The lack of space at the bottom didn't bother us. I loved the fact that the bed divides the room so my DH and I each had our own dressing area...in a regular inside, we were trying to use the same space at the same time and it was difficult to dance around each other. There was the usual space as an inside...in addition to the spaces mention by a previous poster, there were also shelves on each side of the mirror and above the desk as well as under the desk...and drawers and a shelf in the nightstands....no problem for us..

Con...Pictures from the PR don't turn out well.

We DID see some unwanted sights from rooms across the way...pretty funny!

100_4096.jpg.47ff22f2fa5a873e558015553c73a836.jpg

100_4098.jpg.43cb9bbffc832cc5da8a5ff6abccffff.jpg

100_4104.jpg.df2f345734d5ee8abb2a029bdd6fe861.jpg

100_4097.jpg.7cc85f962eb9a92b862885bb3c5b89e2.jpg

There are some photos in my Navigator album too (link below). My kids had the PR cabin. We will be booking again soon -- will be interesting to see if they want PR again. I think they like the openness that the window gave them but would agree that there seemed to be less space in the room (they have had inside cabins only on Carnival previously).

We like the PR. They have the exact same amount of staorage as a traditional inside or balcony cabin. We like the extra seating. It forms a grouping around the coffee table for when we have breakfast in the room.

We are booked in one on Deck 8 on Freedom later this year. Anyone know how the view from 8 is? I think we'll have trouble actually seeing much of what's going on in the Promenade.

That is what I was thinking too. I think deck 7 is the deck to have for the PR rooms. I ended up getting my kids one on deck 6, only because it was the only one available with a balcony across the hall for me.

One more advantage to a PR over an inside cabin: they have slightly more square feet on the Freedom (not sure about other ships).

That is what I was thinking too. I think deck 7 is the deck to have for the PR rooms. I ended up getting my kids one on deck 6, only because it was the only one available with a balcony across the hall for me.

One more advantage to a PR over an inside cabin: they have slightly more square feet on the Freedom (not sure about other ships).

We are booked on deck 7 PR room and tried to pick a room that would be in the "center" of it all! (what ever "all" happens to be) :D figured deck 6 might be a tish lound and deck 8 too high. I some how have ended up staying on deck 7 EVERY cruise! ... must be lucky huh. :)

Con, if you don't shut your drapes, people can see in at you!

Con, if you want to nap, and there is a parade going on, its going to be noisy!

Pro, at least you have a view of something! :)

This is also true of the balcony rooms when you're in port (except for the parade but there would be noise) but nobody ever mentions that. Based on the consistent comments whenever someone asks about the PR rooms that "people can see you" I have started to wonder if folks are pacing the Royal Promenade looking for windows to look into? :)

This is also true of the balcony rooms when you're in port (except for the parade but there would be noise) but nobody ever mentions that. Based on the consistent comments whenever someone asks about the PR rooms that "people can see you" I have started to wonder if folks are pacing the Royal Promenade looking for windows to look into? :)

I figure when I am in port, nobody knows me and I don't worry too much about closing my curtains when I change in my balcony cabin.

Now, a PR cabin would be different as your fellow cruisers might recognize you in the dining room, etc. :D

OMG, YES!!!!

When another large ship is docked next to you, their balconies can see into your balconies!!!! LOL, I'll bet people don't think about this before going to sleep. Meanwhile all of the other ship is able to see in .... and admire your pajamas!!!

LOL

I figure when I am in port, nobody knows me and I don't worry too much about closing my curtains when I change in my balcony cabin.

Now, a PR cabin would be different as your fellow cruisers might recognize you in the dining room, etc. :D

lol, except if you happen to toss and turn out of your covers at night, if you don't close the drapes, be sure your jammies are presentable ..... :D

I got a good price for a Promenade room on Deck 6 (less than an inside room) on Liberty of the Seas in June. I'm taking one of my kids, as a high school graduation present.

Has anyone found Deck 6 to be a particular problem (for ex., noise from people using the hallways to avoid Promenade crowds)? Also -- Most people show the beds pushed together. What is the room like when the beds are apart?

You know what...My husband always worries about people seeing me in port...my thoughts...if you're THAT curious - and desperate - knock yourself out ( I don't know you , I don't know you're looking at me and I don't give a hoot)

I got a good price for a Promenade room on Deck 6 (less than an inside room) on Liberty of the Seas in June. I'm taking one of my kids, as a high school graduation present.

Has anyone found Deck 6 to be a particular problem (for ex., noise from people using the hallways to avoid Promenade crowds)? Also -- Most people show the beds pushed together. What is the room like when the beds are apart?

Meant to mention, there are pictures of the beds apart in my signature below. Click on the Navigator cruise. Soon, our pictures of the Mariner PR will be posted. We go in 13 days.

My GF and her two teenage daughters have Promenade Rooms on The Mariner of The Seas in December. 7277 and 7275. Has anyone stayed in these rooms? Anyone familiar with Promenade rooms on the Mariner? My GF and I are thinking about changing rooms and trying to find us a room across the hall because I've heard that the walls are thin. I can think of one BIG CON right there...having two teenage girls in the room next to you while you are trying to ummmm have an "adult excursion". The last thing I want is when the ship goes a-rock'n is for the girls to come a-nock'n. Or worse yet...not knock'n.:eek: So any thoughts? Should I try to move rooms or do you think the walls are sound proof enough?

Archived