Select Dining - Oceana

flea b

Hi, does anyone know how much select dining costs on Oceana? On the P&O website it just says 'for a small fee'.

I am guessing about £15 per person?

Think the Horizon Grill appeals to me, ummm steak! :)

Hi Flea b

We were on the Oceana last June and dined one night at the horizon grill. The cost was £7 50 per person. Very nice venue, and the food was lovely. Having said that the food in the resturant was just as good.

Hope this gives you food for thought ;)

Hi Flea b

We were on the Oceana last June and dined one night at the horizon grill. The cost was £7 50 per person. Very nice venue, and the food was lovely. Having said that the food in the resturant was just as good.

Hope this gives you food for thought ;)

Horizon grill is £7.50 pp.

I think you will be extremely impressed with the food there and it is such a lovely setting on the deck.

Gerry

I am probably the only person who did not know this, so I apologise if I bore everyone else.

Apparently your waiters in the resturant take note of your preferences, likes, dislikes etc. This is then logged in the computer so if you use an alternative venue for dining this information is available to the staff there.

For instance, my sister in law likes a large glass of ice with her wine. This appeared, without being requested, when we dined at the Horizon grill. As you are asked your resturant table details when you book I assumed this was to let the staff there know you would not be in that evening. This was not the case. It was so the staff where you were dining could check out your details to ensure the meal ran as smoothly as possible.

Some may say "so what" but to a simple soul like me it was most impressive.

Thanks Cabin Boy, Fee Bee (I am really feebee but my sis calls me flea b!)and Gerry.... information very useful. I will definitely try 'select' on Oceana just to experience it. Gerry, like you I am very impressed with the system they are using. It will also make a change from early sitting, we are Club Dining on this cruise, and I think it may be nice to have a more romantic meal for two! and maybe at a later time to give us a longer day. Thanks again, Fiona (flea b).

Archived