41 chain links left!!!!

Tim Cruise

Here is something fun you can do. We are going on the Pride of America on May 19th with our 5 year old. She doesn't really understand how long 41 days are so we printed a picture of our boat and a picture of Waikiki beach and taped it up to a long paper chain we made together. Every morning she gets to remove one chain link from the chain. The morning we board the plane to Hawaii she will remove the last one.

Maybe next time you make a chain, you could write something on each 'link' (like a fortune cookie) and when she takes the link off, she reads the inside. Maybe like :

"here is a Hawaiian word for today"

"What is the name of our ship?"

"Can you name a hawaiian city"

"What activity do you like?"

have fun, and enjoy your cruise.....I'm outta here in 4 days!

• 2 weeks later...

The chain idea is so fun, even for adults! I have one going on in my classroom (1st grader) now counting down the days until summer. Maybe I'll start one at home once school is out to count down the days until our cruise in August. My huband will think I am crazy! ;)

• 1 month later...
The chain idea is so fun, even for adults! I have one going on in my classroom (1st grader) now counting down the days until summer. Maybe I'll start one at home once school is out to count down the days until our cruise in August. My huband will think I am crazy! ;)

That is a great idea and I like the idea of using it in your classroom to count down the days until summer vacation:)

• 1 month later...

OMG that is so funny, DH thought I was the only one that did the chain thing. Worst part is I do it for myself the family thinks I am nuts. Right now I have one that goes pretty much around my living room as I have a cruise booked for Dec 08.......:D

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

Archived