Northeast Motorcoach from Boston Anyone used this service?

oraf7

We are traveling on the Crown Princess on August 1st and heard about Norhteast Motorcoach but I don't know if I like the idea of 3 stops en-route. It leaves Boston at 8:00am and arrives Brooklyn at 4:15pm. Seems so long that I am tempted to drive. Any suggestions!

We have taken the bus twice from Boston to New York, once on NCL and once on HAL. The first time, the bus was full at Boston so we drove straight through; the second time, we made one stop in Providence just long enough for the passengers there to board and to check out some coffee and donuts at the Dunkin Donuts at the Bonanza bus line where we stopped.

Even with the stop in Providence, we were at the New York pier in about 4 1/2 hours. It is my understanding that the same bus line, Academy Bus that we were on for both trips, is also the bus used by Princess.

I don't know if the drive to the Brooklyn pier for Princess is closer or further than the New York pier. Maybe somebody out there can give us the answer. The bus is comfortable and the time quickly passed.

I think we are going on Princess in June and will use the Boston bus. Hope this helps your decision because once your luggage is put on the bus at South Station, you never have to touch it again until it is brought to your cabin.

We are traveling on the Crown Princess on August 1st and heard about Norhteast Motorcoach but I don't know if I like the idea of 3 stops en-route. It leaves Boston at 8:00am and arrives Brooklyn at 4:15pm. Seems so long that I am tempted to drive. Any suggestions!

The bus should be in brooklyn by 2:00 pm.

red

The bus or the train are pretty much equal but you have to handle your own baggage on the train because they don't check for such short distances. If you decide on the bus, stay away from a bus line called Fung Wa. There was an article in the paper not too long ago talking about how cheap it was ($15.00 from Boston to NY). It seems that the safety is questionable and the buses are pretty disgusting complete with a really bad stench coming out of the rear of the bus.

With the Northeast Motor Coach out of South Boston, once your luggage

is loaded on the bus, the next time you see them will be on the ship.

There will be a Princess Rep at the bus terminal for assistance.

The bus arrives in Brooklyn at 1:15pm, and we should be on the Crown

at 2:00pm.

The bus or the train are pretty much equal but you have to handle your own baggage on the train because they don't check for such short distances. If you decide on the bus, stay away from a bus line called Fung Wa. There was an article in the paper not too long ago talking about how cheap it was ($15.00 from Boston to NY). It seems that the safety is questionable and the buses are pretty disgusting complete with a really bad stench coming out of the rear of the bus.

They have been in the news a few times for accidents !

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone help? Does the bus used by Princess go from South Station in Boston to the bus terminal in Manhattan or to Red Hook Pier in Brooklyn? At $79 RT from Boston it's a bargain if it goes right to the ship. Thanks

Fung Wa has had several serious (preventable) accidents, some with injury. I wouldn't touch them with a 10-ft pole.

We have a cabin reserved for the Sept. 6 sailing. We sailed the Crown last Sept. and used the entertainment bus out of Boston's south station. We got to the pier at 12 30. Seemed like we just zipped in. Put on luggage on the bus and did not see it until it was outside our cabin.

I heard that Princess has a bus to transport Princess passengers. Is this true? The entertainment bus cost 75 dollars round trip. I thought it was a wonder deal. The bus left I think at 7 45. Probaly do that again unless Princess has a bus. Does anyone know?

Marie

Hi Judy

It is called Entertainment tours. I do not have the number off hand but it is on the internet. I have used them about 4 times. It sails out of south station right to the pier. I have used them for one princess cruise and all my NCL cruises. It goes to Brooklyn and the ncl terminal. They will drop you off at the terminal and then pick ppeople off to bring them back. It is a turnaround bus. Sometimes if the bus is not full it will make another stop usually in CONN. We never had any problems with it.

Marie

We live in no. Va and are taking the bus from union station to the pier. $120 roundtrip. On the plus side costs the same as jet blue but we won't have to pay for transfers or parking at the airport. We don't have to worry if our suitcases is a couple pounds over 50#, and we can carry on our toilitries. No waiting in secruity line at airport. Hopefully much less chance of lost luggage. Also no worry about late or canceled flight. Our only worry oversleeping and missing the bus.Also three more stops after ours .Will try and get on the 1st bus if more than one and hope its fuul. We leave Dc union station at 7:30am then to Baltimore , Wilmington, and Phila.I don't like long bus rides(too many school field trips).But in our case it should be easier. Whoever mentioned the bad bus co. that gets in accidents,please tell me this line was not used by Princess! HAPPY TRAILS!;)

Archived