ROME IN LIMO - Private Tour - anyone use?

I am thinking about using Rome in Limo for Naples, Rome and Florence. I havent read too many comments about them on the boards. Has anyone used them before? What was your experience? thanks!

There are a lot of positive threads about them on the boards. I recently used them and I would highly recommend them. Duman and Janey were wonderful and always answered all my emails. The tour was excellent and it felt like being with an old friend.

http://www.romeinlimo.com/

We were on the Voyager of the Seas last September and used Carlos from Rome In Limo and were very pleased. The drive is about one hour from port to Florence. We were able to fit in quite a bit! Ask him to make reservations for your party at the Uffizi Museum - that way you won't have to wait in line. The Ufizzi is HUGE and lots of stairs. They had us go to the top floor and work our way down. We also were able to get into the Academia to see the David statue - beautiful! So much to see and do in such a short time but we did it all! The Duomo is still my favorite cathedral of all time - second time I visited it! Carlos kept us on a pretty good schedule and got us back to the ship in plenty of time. Good Luck and have fun!

Ooops....I almost forgot....we used Drive Amalfi (*****) and Salvatore booked Adriano as our driver in NAPLES for the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii. IT WAS GREAT...he was our favorite driver!

Salvatore made arrangements to have a private archaelogical guide at Pompeii which was well worth the money, reservations at a nice hilltop restaurant on the Amalfi Coast in Ravello - it was a truly amazing day!

In Rome we used Benvenuto Limos (info@benvenutolimos.com) and were also very pleased.

Good Luck - you will have a wonderful time!

I am thinking about using Rome in Limo for Naples, Rome and Florence. I havent read too many comments about them on the boards. Has anyone used them before? What was your experience? thanks!

I just came back from a 12-day cruise on the Carnival Freedom and we arranged our own excursions instead of via the ship. We used Romeinlimo for our excursions in Naples (walked around crater of mt. Versuvius, visited Pompeii and had a short stop at Sorrento) and Livorno (visited Pisa and Florence) and would highly recommend them. They were on time, courteous, provided good info. along the way, was patient, considerate and helpful to the clients. We should have booked our transfer to the airport with them as well.

We just returned from the 12 day Carnival Freedom European cruise! What a fabulous trip! We used Romeinlimo for transfers, 2 days sightseeing in Rome prior to cruise, and in the ports of Naples and Livorno. Duman and Carlo were amazing! They were professional, courteous, punctual , fun and had an enormous wealth of knowledge. We really felt like they treated us not as clients, but as family. We were so touched by all the little extras the provided. For example, they gave gifts to the children, took inumerable family photos, treated us to coffees and tartufo at Tres Scalani, and helped us bargain with the natives. I have been to Italy many times, but with Duman and Carlo, I think this was the best time ever! My husband and children (ages 9 and 8 years) agree! Whenever I travel to Italy in the future, I will only use Romeinlimo! That is, if they are not too booked for me as I see all the positive comments!!!

We've booked Rome In Limo for Rome and Naples next month. How were the lunch stops? Did you just grab a quick bite, or were they long, sit-down lunches?

When we were in Rome they took us to a wonderful sit down lunch at the Caprissiosa (I think that is what the restaurant was called) then our driver, Duman, took us to another place to eat Gellato :)

Duman and Carlo customized where we went to what we wanted. They asked if we wanted fast or relaxed, type of food, fancy or relaxed, view etc. If you let them know what you are looking for, they will help you to have the time of your lives. I gained 4 lbs on this cruise, but it was worth it!

Vernoncruise, I hate to hear that this is the obstacle in you going on private tours because I have found that overall the quality of the private tours is much higher than the ship's tours. I think that cash is requested for payment to avoid the credit card fees (a percentage of your transaction) that is charged. Perhaps if you ask your private drivers, they will make other arrangements for you. I know that Dream Tours will take credit card payments in the French Riviera. The credit card is required so that they have a way of charging for "no shows", and I do understand that.

Have a great trip,

Donna

My biggest concern is - why do all these companies take your credit card to secure the reservatyion, but then require cash payment? I am leaning otwards doing mostly Carnival tous, as I don't want to carry that much cash - especially in euros...

I'm not comfortable carrying that much cash either, so I plan to get traveler's checks in euros to pay for the tours.

Dave

Yes, I know AAA use to have British Pound Traveler Checks but the agencies by me are no longer going to have them. I found that out this year when we purchased some for our upcoming Baltic cruise which leaves from London. I think the girl said it was a company policy not just this area but don't quote me on that. I didn't ask about Euro traveler checks but don't think they'll be carrying those either. Is there another place to get them. It's so much more convenient carrying those than cash.

Travelex (http://www.travelex.com) and American Express both have foreign currency travelers checks. You might check your local bank to see if they offer Visa T/C's too. I just looked at AAA since they are local and no shipping.

I stopped at the local AAA store last week (AAA Western NY) and they have them. They also had "tip packs" of foreign currency for tips and cab fares on arrival.

Dave

Where can you get traveler checks that are in Euros?

I got them from Bank of America and Wells Fargo they had the best rates and the best shipping rates. I ended up paying my tour EURO cash and found it easier but most tour companies take Euro Cash and checks. I know some don't take credit cards because they get charged a fee from the credit card company and lose money.

Personally, I found the CCL tours to be very pricey and didn't take you to as many places.

Sounds like your AAA store is better than ours. Like I said ours use to have them but no longer. As a matter of fact I bought out the last of the British Pound Traveler checks for our upcoming visit to London. Since the girl told me they aren't going to be carrying them any longer I didn't want to take a chance they'd be out of them so I purchased them a few weeks earlier than I would have. Our AAA office never had the "tip packs" either. I think that's a great idea. If I have time tomorrow I think I'll call the other AAA in other areas around here, maybe they have the traveler checks and "tip packs". My bank doesn't carry the Euro traveler checks only foreign money and American Express US traveler checks.

I got them from Bank of America and Wells Fargo they had the best rates and the best shipping rates. I ended up paying my tour EURO cash and found it easier but most tour companies take Euro Cash and checks. I know some don't take credit cards because they get charged a fee from the credit card company and lose money.

Personally, I found the CCL tours to be very pricey and didn't take you to as many places.

Did you purchase them online and have them shipped?

Did you purchase them online and have them shipped?

Yes. I purchased them off the sites because most bank branches don't have been onhand. I ordered the Bank of America euros online and had them shipped to a bank branch close to my house. It took 2 days and the bank called me and I picked them up.

For Wells Fargo I ordered them online and I think shipping was 6.00 right to my door.

Thanks. I went to Wells Fargo online and I saw they had them just like you said. Guess I'll have to order them from now on unless the AAA office starts carrying them again. It's such a shame as this office just opened and we were so happy that we didn't have to drive a distance to get them and now they aren't carrying those anymore. Oh well.....

Archived