Formal Nights and Kids' Programs - Golden Princess Sea / AK RT

I am taking my mom and 4-year-old daughter to Alaska (Seattle RT Inside Passage) on the Golden Princess in June for my mom's 65th birthday. Do the kids' pograms operate at dinnertime on formal nights? Should we expect to be able to drop-off my daughter in the program for dinner and go to a dining room by ourselves? (We picked "anytime" dining.) Or, should I bring "dress-up" for my daughter (who would, of course love it ... but I on the other hand would love a relaxing formal night for just me and my mom).

Thanks in advance!

I haven't been on Princess with kids, took four grandkids once on Carnival. I think they will probably have some type of meal for the kids with the Princess kid's staff on formal nights; they did on the Triumph. The kids met the counselors at the buffet, ate with them there, and then went on to the night kid's program.

On other nights we had the waiters bring the kid's meals right away; when they were done, one of us took them up and signed them into the kid's area, which opened at 7. We had the 6:15 seating at dinner. This worked out great for us; the kids got to enjoy some of the ambiance of the dining room, without overtaxing their patience (and ours) we got to eat in peace once they left, and could go to the show or do other things until 10, when the kid's program ended. (You could leave them there later for a fee).

The kids were 5,5,4 & 3 and their parents were along too. Also a 13 year-old, but of course he didn't need any special meals or meal times.

Archived