Bon Voyage gifts on NCL

BLONDIE35

anyone know if they have had good service by ordering gifts? I have seen on a few threads where bon voyage gifts don't show up. Also, do you have to go through NCL for a bon voyage gift (there list looks small and limited) or is ther somewhere else to go. I would like a bottle of champagne and wine and chocolate covered strawberries. Thanks!!!:) :rolleyes:

but for a reasonable price! say $40-50

thanks!!

I would order the Romance package. 79.00 gets a couple of bottles of wine, cranapes, dinner at the French restaurant and a wine and cake party that you get a special picture at.

Also if you read the other threads you need to be sure to get an invoice emailed or faxed to you, so that you have it on board

I agree, the Romance Package is a great value - have ordered it 5 times and never had a situation where something was not delivered. Its like a gift that keeps giving all week long! If you are looking for something less than $79 NCL has a list of items that you can send - wine and champagnes. They have anniversary - birthday - etc packages with balloons that are festive too. We were married a couple of years ago on board and people sent us things and it was really special to have extra surprises waiting for us in the room.

I called NCL yesterday to order the birthday package for my cruise (they decorate the room, I believe you get a cake) I am sure this will come as no surprise to many of you...the customer service rep had no idea what I was talking about. She searched around and put me on hold for a couple of minutes, then I just told her that I would call back another time.

I don't really feel too confident that had she located the package I was referring to that it would have actually been ordered correctly. I think I will wait til I get on the ship since I don't need it until the second day.

So as suggested I think whatever you order--get a confirmation and I would even follow up right before the cruise if possible, especially if you want your order upon entering your room....

Although nervous, I arranged for a bon voyage party for friends when the sailed the POH last fall. Everything arrived and was set up as ordered. I had received an e-mail with conformation about the order. I also let someone else in the party know what we had done, with confirmation numbers.

BTW our TA has told me that they have a terrible time with ordering and having wine, etc. delivered to ships that leave NYC area ports. She says it is all lines that they have problems with so assumes that it is the port not the cruise line. Not sure if she uses the cruiseline for ordering or another company.

we faxed our order 3 or 4 weeks prior to sailing for another couple that we went with. the only "snafu" was that they got bumped up to another cabin and the gift we ordered was delivered to their original cabin. got it straightened out and they received it just fine.

I called NCL yesterday to order the birthday package for my cruise (they decorate the room, I believe you get a cake) I am sure this will come as no surprise to many of you...the customer service rep had no idea what I was talking about. She searched around and put me on hold for a couple of minutes, then I just told her that I would call back another time.

I don't really feel too confident that had she located the package I was referring to that it would have actually been ordered correctly. I think I will wait til I get on the ship since I don't need it until the second day.

So as suggested I think whatever you order--get a confirmation and I would even follow up right before the cruise if possible, especially if you want your order upon entering your room....

normally I asked for the special services dept or order via email. the reservations agents really don't know too much about the packages. For the OP, yes, sometimes the gifts don't arrive so keep your conformation. As for ordering via an outside company, not if there is alcohol of any kind involved. NMNita

We were also very happy with our $79 anniversary package. It was well worth the money. We ordered 2 of them, one for us and one for our adult kids. Both were delivered with no problem. I did take along my printed, e-mail confirmation AND a copy of my visa bill with the charge for them on it just to be on the safe side. I do that with anything that I order that they pre charge me for. We ordered it again for our next cruise in Sept. Have a Great Cruise!!

If the CS Rep., doesn't know what you are talking about, just tell him/her than you changed your mind. Call back and you will get a different rep.

Most of them will know what you are talking about. And be sure to request an email confirmation.

We are sailing this Oct again nad have book a few packages for this cruise also.
Hello to our fellow Marylanders, we're headed out on the NCL in Oct. too, which ship and when are your sailing, may I ask? :)

Anything you order from NCL or get via your Travel Agent ( who would also order direct from NCL) will NOT incure a wine corkage fee.

Those that are ordered elsewhere might. (since NCL did not get their profit?

Archived