very upset

jmlvv

i am very upset that i have used these boards many times, and recently i have received no response to the messages that i have posted...what is going on, and where are all the people that used to respond to strangers...instead of answering questions about everyday cruises, it seems like there are only answers to those who have a problem

I have posted many times and didn't get responses either. Sometimes people aren't interested or have anything to say about your particular post. Sometimes the post gets lost in the thread ( that has happened to me many times) I finally did something ( can't remember what) so I can click on user CP and see all the threads I started, then you can click on it and see all the responses without havving to look through pages and pages of posts for your thread,, when I did that, I found that there were posts on my thread that I didn't know about. Give it another try , or re start your thread with the question again,,, I'll look for it:) . But don't be upset if I don't respond right away.

But I only go through the boards once a day and sometimes every other day. I am not one who can use the company time to spend the day on the boards,,, and they are addictive. I just don't believe in using company time, computers,etc to play around on the computer,,, anyway I'm too busy at work, doing work:eek:

maybe the results of the new board rules?

I'd LOVE to help a newbie and to share all the great information I found on these boards...but because of new implemented rules I can't!

Time for a change? Or maybe just going back to the greatest boards we got used to love?

I try to answer the questions I know the answer too. Sometimes the board move to fast and a question will disappear from the front page and I won't see it. I don't always have enough time to surf past page one.

Two things came to mind when I read your post. First was that the topic may not have been clear enough in your title. If it's too generic, I tend to pass them over. Second, I just may not have an answer.

Beth

Sometimes a question is very specific and I guess people just don't have the answer. On the other hand, sometimes a question is so general, like tell me about the kids program, and that information is out there already if people look for it, that maybe people don't feel like giving a long description without knowing what the poster wants to know as to specifics. I guess the best way to ask a question is to be specific on a general subject.

Not sure but I looked at your posts and the only one of the 6 not responded to was who was sailing 10/24 with you. Maybe you hve the boat to yourself that week. I have post 2 times on the meet and mingle board about our cruise and no one else is going even though the ship is just about sold out already.

I have never been on the explorer so I can not help you, sorry. Why are you mad that you have to use the boards?

HI JMLVV

I just looked at your posts and the one topic that wasnt responded to had a very specific title: EXPLORER OCTOBER 24, 2004. Inside that post you asked some specific questions, but if i wasnt going on that specific cruise date, I would not have opened your post (which I didnt), and I am sure is the reason people didnt respond to your post!

Try announcing that you are planning on going directly to the dining room from the pool without changing on formal night. Of course you will be leaving a book and towl on your deck chair so you can save it for the next day. That will get you a response!

Yes, one thing I learned when I first got here was that your "subject line" needs to be specific... and that's where you really ask your question. I go right by generic subject lines... or subjects like "I have a few questions..." Just doesn't bring me in... And things do get buried here...

The other thing is when people ask a question and then don't say what ship and date they are going... many times that is important to the answer.

I don't know what the problem with the new boards is though.. personally I am enjoying them.

i am very upset that i have used these boards many times, and recently i have received no response to the messages that i have posted...

I don't understand :confused: . I reviewed your posts and you got responses. Did you post under an other name in the past?

I just looked at your posts and two things come to mind:

• people with experience on a kids program obviously have kids. since it is summer time, people could be on vacation or not around during the day. maybe limiting your question to just the Explorer program is causing few responses. are the programs the same across the RCCL fleet? would a more general question be better??
  • since i am not on the October 24 Explorer sailing, I would have glanced right over that thread.

Try not to take it personally. I think with summer being here a lot of people are just away or out of the house more. I know for myself I post a whole lot more with the weather is yucky! Sometimes it's too nice out to sit inside and post!

janine,

You did ask the question about the kids program on the roll call thread and I answered as best I could. When I posted my response, there was another thread that was discussing what you were asking.

Anyway, dont feel to bad, sometimes I dont get answers either, but its not because people dont want to answer, sometimes the don't know the answer. See you on the ship and on the roll call

If you didnt see the answer use the User CP to find the thread again, you should have a subscription to it listed.

I hear ya too! It's been many years since I was a newbie, but there are just SO many people posting SO many different things on these boards that it's very easy to miss a posting and there's no way anyone can respond to them all, so we just kind of scan and pick and choose! :eek: Maybe each Cruise Line should have a separate board for newbies with questions - that way, if you had a question, you could be sure to subscribe to the threads for that particular board and you'd always know when someone responded to a specific question! Those of us who love helping the newbies along would also know right where to go to respond to questions too! :cool:

Lots of people dont read post that have nothing to do with them- you stated the Explorer= certain date- I dont read coz I am not sailing with you. You asked about the kids program- never used it so I dont read it. A lot of people dont read all the posts...jsut speciifc ones/

Archived