Shoot me now - I've lost my mind!

I thought my cruise addiction was bad?? Now I am fighting a back to back addiction and I just lost :o

We just got off a b2b on the AOS in March and I have booked again for next February....of course the MAJOR price drop for our sailings helped me make the decision ;)

Funny....when the b2b ended, I felt that 14 nights was a LONG time on the ship and wondered if I would be in a hurry to do it again....then.....all of a sudden cruise fever hit with a vengeance and here I am planning the whole 2 week thing all over again....*sigh* I think I need counselling....LOL!

Happy Cruising! :)

You think you got it bad? We just took a 4 night cruise; it's like giving a tic-tac to someone who has not eaten in a month! It just aint enought! I am thinking about taking a 3 night to make up the difference! But, I will have to wait till next Feb:(

Boy, a little tast of a cruise for May would be so wonderful!:D

Funny....when the b2b ended, I felt that 14 nights was a LONG time on the ship and wondered if I would be in a hurry to do it again....

Wait until 14 days isn't long enough! That's what happened on our Jewel B2B! Now I get how people can do 29 days on a ship - can't wait to try it myself!

Robyn- I have never done a B2B, but I am just dying to try it. I don't need to know if I am addicted.....I know I am!!!! I just wish I could afford my habit more often. Just think....you have another year to plan and build the excitement once again!! I am so excited for my first cruise on the Adventure. I have wanted to do the Southern route for such a long time now and it will be here soon. We're all getting very excited. I just wish it would hurry up! I so need this vacation right now!!!:D

I thought my cruise addiction was bad?? Now I am fighting a back to back addiction and I just lost :o

We just got off a b2b on the AOS in March and I have booked again for next February....of course the MAJOR price drop for our sailings helped me make the decision ;)

Funny....when the b2b ended, I felt that 14 nights was a LONG time on the ship and wondered if I would be in a hurry to do it again....then.....all of a sudden cruise fever hit with a vengeance and here I am planning the whole 2 week thing all over again....*sigh* I think I need counselling....LOL!

Wouldn't it just be easier to book a 14 day cruise. No hassling with that turnaround day in the middle of the cruise that usually ends up being a waste of time. Of course you can always book back to back cruises on different ships. We did a 9 day repo on the Explorer from Bayonne to Miami and then walked over to board the Freedom....;)

From the Cruise Compass

10:00am Friends of Robyn Meeting - Conference Room

:D :D

From the Cruise Compass

I tried to attend that meeting and no one was there. They were all visiting the Future Cruise Consultant to book another cruise.....:rolleyes:

Ummmmm BANG?? Don't feel bad....I got it so bad I am thinking about buying a Cruise One franchise and becoming a travel agent...:o

Need a partner! I've thought about that too LOL:D We could cover both sides of the Atlantic between us!!!!!!:D

Annie: Did you know we addicts have already started a Roll Call for Feb. 10/08? Come join us & let's get acquainted!

Del

Thanks Winncove; I will try to get registered. I just got my invoice with my reservation ID in the mail today. They changed my booking number when I changed from Eastern to Western.

Looks like ya'll are big fans of the Mariner!

Robyn- I have never done a B2B, but I am just dying to try it. I don't need to know if I am addicted.....I know I am!!!! I just wish I could afford my habit more often. Just think....you have another year to plan and build the excitement once again!! I am so excited for my first cruise on the Adventure. I have wanted to do the Southern route for such a long time now and it will be here soon. We're all getting very excited. I just wish it would hurry up! I so need this vacation right now!!!:D

Diva - you need to check out the rock bottom prices for the AOS next Feb/March - unbelievable! We are basically paying HALF of what we paid this year for the same 2 weeks next year :) Maybe 2008 can be your first b2b year???? Would love to sail with you! :p

From the Cruise Compass

LMAO! How insanely funny is THAT??? LOL!

I'm thinking the meeting isn't such a bad idea anyways :o

Hi Robyn!

Listen, we are your friends!

We can help you through this.

Perhaps there are others here, just like you!

Why, one day, I might be in the same situation. :p

(I can only hope) :)

Hey Glenn!

Thanks for your kind words and offers of help - I honestly don't think I CAN be helped -LOL! I think I am hooked.....I know I am hooked.....I don't see any way out (and jumping off a cruise ship is not an option!) :p

Wouldn't it just be easier to book a 14 day cruise. No hassling with that turnaround day in the middle of the cruise that usually ends up being a waste of time. Of course you can always book back to back cruises on different ships. We did a 9 day repo on the Explorer from Bayonne to Miami and then walked over to board the Freedom....;)

Hey Jerry :)

My DH will not cruise anything but the Southern itinerary at the moment - so a 14 day cruise on any other route won't work for us. I'm hoping that he will eventually relent and cruise somewhere else.....? In the mean time I cruise with the "girls" in November and get to do whatever itinerary I want, so I guess I have the best of both worlds .....

Turnaround day was such a non-event. We slept late, wandered around the Promenade, grabbed a bit of breakfast, watched everyone disembark and had the ship to ourselves for about 2 hours :D We were the only b2b passengers so we really were the ONLY passengers onboard aside from the crew of course.

I think part of the obsession with b2b's is that both DH and I noticed that by Wednesday of the cruise (any cruise) they are already preparing you for departure! RCI TV continually talks about disembarkation procedures, the cabin attendants are starting to leave literature regarding the end of the cruise.....and we get depressed at the thought of our cruise vacation ending! With a b2b we can ignore all of this the first week :o

I think RCI needs to NOT remind folks on Wednesday that their vacation is ending on Sunday ......:rolleyes:

14 days on a ship sounds like heaven! congrats that you are able to do this- we can't be gone that long at one time as of yet but hope in the future to be able to - til then i will have to enjoy the rest of you getting to go :)

Hey Robyn, we just got home Mon am from our wonderful cruise on the AOS. I just want to thank you for all your help when I was planning my first cruise. Its people like you that make it so much easier to plan and plan and plan, lol. We had a wonderful time and the Adventure was exceptional. Congrats on your reservations, hope we can go again next year. Have a great day

Patty

Hey Robyn, we just got home Mon am from our wonderful cruise on the AOS. I just want to thank you for all your help when I was planning my first cruise. Its people like you that make it so much easier to plan and plan and plan, lol. We had a wonderful time and the Adventure was exceptional. Congrats on your reservations, hope we can go again next year. Have a great day

Patty

I'm so glad you had a great time on the AOS :D There is no doubt that she is a wonderful ship with a fantastic itinerary!

I was a newbie to cruising too - in fact I went on my first cruise just 2 years ago! If I was able to give you good, sound advice before your first cruise, that means the world to me!

I hope you can cruise again next year! :)

BANG!!!!!!

You asked for it!!!!!!!!!!!:) Congrats on the back to back!!!!!

No worries Robyn, there must be a 10 or 12 step program out there somewhere with your name all over it. :D

Holy sh*t Robyn, I just wandered over to RCI's site and had a look at AOS for next winter...you are right, it's inexpensive. $1379.00 pp CA for a JS...WOW! We have 3 itineraries left to do, Southern, Panama and Europe.

Archived