Brooklyn Terminal What is the closest Hotel

oraf7

The Brooklyn Marriott is the closest full service Hotel. There is a Holiday Inn express on Union Street that isn't far-less than a year old- and has been reported to be ok. The Brooklyn Motor Inn is literally next to the entrance of the cruise terminal(ok a couple of blocks----but I don't vouch for that one) My brother has stayed at the Marriott and I have been there for many events and it is fine.

Hi oraf7

We have booked the Marriott too, but on our roll call there is a person from Brooklyn who mentions two very nice bed & breakfasts, that she can vouch for. It you want to look it up, it is the roll call for the Crown on 8/28.

Good Luck!

We stayed at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge before our cruise in October 06 and it was very nice. It was comfortable and within easy walking distance of shopping and restaurants as well as the subway. It was a short 5-10 minute ride to the pier. The hotel arranged for a very nice limo service to take us that worked out to be cheaper than a taxi (we would have needed two for 4 people and luggage). We liked him so much we arranged for him to pick us up to go to the airport after the cruise. The staff were very friendly too. If you are eligible, there are senior discounts, AAA, military and government discounts. It is also a Princess hotel used in their pre- and post-cruise packages. We booked ourselves and saved a bunch of money.

Off topic a bit, but I can already see one of the problems of cruising to the Caribbean while leaving out of New York vs. FLL - the additional cost and inconvenience! There have been several threads already regarding the summer 2008 Carib change from FLL to NY. I, as well as many others, hope they reconsider at some point to have ships leaving out of Florida in the summer.

Kendon,

I think it is personal preference, I like leaving from Brooklyn. When we leave from Fl we have to do the same thing, look for a hotel and a place to park. It is the same for both ports, or us.

There must be a monetary reason that Princess made this decision.

Maybe Princess will change!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived