7 night Alaska from Seattle formal nights??

fatcat04

When are formal nights on the Oosterdam on this itinerary ?

Sat May 12 Seattle, WA 4:00pm

Sun May 13 At Sea

Mon May 14 Juneau, AK Noon 9:30pm

Tue May 15 Hubbard Glacier, AK (Cruising) 1:00pm 6:00pm

Wed May 16 Sitka, AK 8:00am 5:00pm

Thu May 17 Ketchikan, AK 7:00am 1:00pm

Fri May 18 Victoria, Canada 6:00pm Midnight

Sat May 19 Seattle, WA 7:00am

:)

When are formal nights on the Oosterdam on this itinerary ?

Sat May 12 Seattle, WA 4:00pm

Sun May 13 At Sea

Mon May 14 Juneau, AK Noon 9:30pm

Tue May 15 Hubbard Glacier, AK (Cruising) 1:00pm 6:00pm

Wed May 16 Sitka, AK 8:00am 5:00pm

Thu May 17 Ketchikan, AK 7:00am 1:00pm

Fri May 18 Victoria, Canada 6:00pm Midnight

Sat May 19 Seattle, WA 7:00am

:)

The 13th for sure and probably the 17th, but I would defer to someone who really knows, on the latter.

I agree with Hammy. When we sailed to Alaska on Westerdam last September from Seattle the formal nights were the first at sea night and the day before Victoria. Leaving Ketchikan at 1pm is kind of sign of it being a formal evening, and The day of glacier cruising is too soon after the first formal night.I didn't like the last night on board having port time in Victoria from 6pm to midnight. It kind of interrupted my feeling of the last night on board. Everything else was great!!!

GN

The Oosterdam stays with it's Sunday and Thursday Formal nights year round with possibly the only exception of when she is doing her repositioning. Our first time to Alaska was on the Oosterdam, doing the same week as you, as well as our first time on the Oosterdam. I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise:)

I agree with Hammy. When we sailed to Alaska on Westerdam last September from Seattle the formal nights were the first at sea night and the day before Victoria. Leaving Ketchikan at 1pm is kind of sign of it being a formal evening, and The day of glacier cruising is too soon after the first formal night.I didn't like the last night on board having port time in Victoria from 6pm to midnight. It kind of interrupted my feeling of the last night on board. Everything else was great!!!

GN

Yeah.. that does seemed a bit strange but mom and dad (this is their cruise I am researching) have done Victoria before on a Canadian Rockies bus/train/boat tour a few years ago so they can take that day easy if they want to. Might not even get off the boat.

Thanks for the info...

I am trying to figure out which non-formal day would be the best for the Pinnacle Grill... maybe the glacier cruising day later in the evening??

The Oosterdam stays with it's Sunday and Thursday Formal nights year round with possibly the only exception of when she is doing her repositioning. Our first time to Alaska was on the Oosterdam, doing the same week as you, as well as our first time on the Oosterdam. I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise:)

Oh... I wish. This is our 50th Anniversary gift to my mom and dad. I know they will have a lovely time and they so deserve this cruise. They are the best parents on Earth!! (Maybe they will stuff us in their luggage, lol!!) :D

Oh and it is there 1st cruise too... mom has always wanted to cruise Alaska. :)

I am trying to figure out which non-formal day would be the best for the Pinnacle Grill... maybe the glacier cruising day later in the evening??

I agree that Tuesday the day they are at Hubbard Glacier will be an ideal night or day for the Pinnacle. I find lunch to be exceptional in the Pinnacle and since the Oosterdam has plenty of big windows for viewing in the Pinnacle what a very scenic lunch that would make.

I agree that Tuesday the day they are at Hubbard Glacier will be an ideal night or day for the Pinnacle. I find lunch to be exceptional in the Pinnacle and since the Oosterdam has plenty of big windows for viewing in the Pinnacle what a very scenic lunch that would make.

Ohh.. I hadn't even thought abt lunch. I bet that would be nice. I had wondered abt the view from the Pinnacle Grill. Sounds like it must be a great view. Thanks for the tip!! :)

Archived