digital cameras

coolone

Hi. If you have a laptop, bring it with you so you may load your memory card into it and then reuse the memory card. Lots of people do this. Once you get home, your photos will be on your hard drive to be sorted etc.

Coolone - Most of the photo shops on the ship have the capacity to transfer your pictures on a disk. I know that last year on Summit we could transfer our pictures from our digital to a disk in the photo shop for a nominal fee. I'm sure the new ships have this capabilities also.

Cindi

Have a great time. I have to wait until May 1, 2005.l Going on Explorer of the Sea. Can't wait. This time only 7 days. Been there, done it, but we are taking my niece this time (22 yrs. old) who has never been on a cruise and she can only get out of college for the 7 days. We usually go for 10 or 11 days. So much more time to relax. Anyway, have a great time.

Cindi

I have a hp photosmart 735 3.2mp, 16mb, I have a additional 128 mbmemory card hp states donot use any larger size cards because they have not been tested.Best pictures only #60, this camera also can take video clips which takes up a lot of memory

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone tried downloading the memory card at the drugstores (CVS, Walgreens, Osco, etc)? If these stores are at port, wouldn't it be logical to do it there?

From a newbie digital camera owner......

Those digital cameras have the same problem as camcorders. You record more stuff than you will ever have a chance to use or anyone would want to see. I still use my SLR. Decide if you want the picture..aim...compose the shot..press the button. Fewer but better photos. I also have a digital camcorder (a gift). My last vacation I forgot to take along the battery charger and was limited to the footage I could shoot before the two batteries ran out. Best footage I ever took.

Archived