Ship pictures

I posted this over on another thread, but it fit this one too.

George Town, Grand Cayman. You can imagine the foot traffic in town!

original.jpg

Seven image stitch.

Dave

i dont know how u did that but i love it. thsi is probably the greatest pic ive ever seen of cruise ships. awesome work:)

i dont know how u did that but i love it. thsi is probably the greatest pic ive ever seen of cruise ships. awesome work:)

Thanks!

While the wives shopped, my son and I walked about a mile down the coast until we got an angle where could see all seven at once. For a panorama, it's best to set your camera's exposure to manual so the sky stays the same throughout and while using a tripod is best, this one was taken handheld. I used a program called Autostitch to assemble them and did a bit of touch-up.

The final image is one of my favorites. We had it printed at 6" x 50" and since the original image has a resolution of about 17000 x 2050, you can actually read the ship names on all but the Costa ship in the far distance.

Digital has sure changed things. After 40 years of photography, it's all new and exciting again!

Dave

Thanks!

While the wives shopped, my son and I walked about a mile down the coast until we got an angle where could see all seven at once. For a panorama, it's best to set your camera's exposure to manual so the sky stays the same throughout and while using a tripod is best, this one was taken handheld. I used a program called Autostitch to assemble them and did a bit of touch-up.

The final image is one of my favorites. We had it printed at 6" x 50" and since the original image has a resolution of about 17000 x 2050, you can actually read the ship names on all but the Costa ship in the far distance.

Digital has sure changed things. After 40 years of photography, it's all new and exciting again!

Dave

awesome pic none the less:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived