tender to banister island is it possible

flcruiser13

The ships beach break toupr already filled up , so we are wanting to go to Banister Island on our own... , is it possible to tender off the ship and take a ferry to banister island...or can we hire someone to take us on their boat there.

the beach looks soooo much nicer than caye caulker

The ships beach break toupr already filled up , so we are wanting to go to Banister Island on our own... , is it possible to tender off the ship and take a ferry to banister island...or can we hire someone to take us on their boat there.

the beach looks soooo much nicer than caye caulker

Hola,

You can book a trip to Bannister Island at the tender dock with Fab Tours. We went there last Nov. and had a ball. They also offer a snorkel trip that is good. The island is small, but gorgeous. Be sure to take a camera and lots of sunscreen.

Just got back and we loved Bannister Caye. What a perfect beach. Got there early (which may be a problem for you if you have to go into port first) and just relaxed. Clackey is right about the snorkel trip, too. I jumped on a boat with maybe 20 people. It was $20 bucks a person for about an hour of great snorkeling on the barrier reef. (Compare that to $30 for 45 minutes in Cozumel for nowhere near as good snorkeling.)

Get there as early as you can and enjoy!

We did the ship excursion. (The only on we booked on the cruise, as it got us off the ship first.) Not to rub it in, but we're really glad we did. We were on the beach before 10, and got some shade in a really nice spot. The folks who went ashore or snorkeling first didn't get there until after noon. By then we had enjoyed lots of some sun, some drinks, and I went snorkeling from the island.

See what you can do to get onto your ship's boat out to the island.

bobby tee,

if i may ask you, what cruise line did you go on that took you to bannister, and if it was Carnival do you remember or does anyone know how much the tour was?

The Carnival website is not specifying how much the beach break is?

I've called my travel agent and Carnival and all I got was

(its between $0-$50) that really doesn't tell me much

bobby tee,

if i may ask you, what cruise line did you go on that took you to bannister, and if it was Carnival do you remember or does anyone know how much the tour was?

The Carnival website is not specifying how much the beach break is?

I've called my travel agent and Carnival and all I got was

(its between $0-$50) that really doesn't tell me much

Sorry, flcruiser, we were on Norwegian. The excursion was $39 per person, which I thought was reasonable, although I will say that I was given the impression on the ship that snorkeling gear was included. Turned out we had to pay $5 for each set. But we did love the island. Very simple and relaxing.

Good luck.

Archived