Transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral

alwaysmomof1

Just spoke to Carnival tonight. They want to charge $70 pp for the cruise line transfer on the bus from the airport to the port. I remember reading (last year) someone rented a car for one leg of the trip at a time and it was much cheaper than the bus. Last July we paid $50pp and this year they added $20.00 pp. To me this seems high. Does anyone know of a cheaper way to do this? There is only 3 of us traveling.

I got on line and checked google. For a car it is cheaper. But the the amount of days 5 days and then gas and parking at the pier it is almost as much as the bus. I remember someone renting a car at the airport and driving near the port and dropping it off. When they returned took car shuttle back to rent a car place and picked up another car and drove to the airport. It was much cheaper and you didn't have to pay to park for 5 days. Does anyone know anything?:confused:

I also used the Thrifty code on the Eastern Departures board and saved a ton! Thanks once again CC!! Anyway, we are also flying into MCO and renting a van at the airport and keeping it for the night. We will have DH take us to the port with our luggage the next morning and he will then return the car to Thirfty and take thier shuttle to the port. We will do the same thing upon our return. I just like to have control over when I get to the port etc....Hopefully this plan will go off without any problems. We are flying in the day before.

I am also considering doing a one way rental in Sept does anyone know if avis shuttles to and from pier.

Also if you could post the code for thrifty would appreciate it did not see the link you mentioned.

Thanks

Jeff

We are renting a car from MCO for our Nov cruise out of Port Canaveral....we paid, with taxes, $43.46. Not too paid when we split it...still half the price of Carnival transfers.

Jackie

Archived