airlines used by ncl to honolulu

janpdel

I'm on the POH in May and I received my edocs months in advance. I booked my flight with NCL because when I booked the flight and the cruise together through travelocity I couldn't find a cheaper price for either anywhere else. It was at least $300 per person lower than everywhere else. We are flying United both ways from DC with a layover in Chicago on the way there and Denver on the way back. Neither layover is longer than 2 hours but yes the flight back leaves at 10:30pm.

We like to book on our own, but only if we can fly a day or two early. For flying day of cruise, the only way is to through the cruiseline, in case anything goes wrong with your flight. By flying in early, you buy some insurance and aren't as tired when you get to the ship.

When booking through NCL for Hawaii cruises, they will always give you one of the latest flights out of Honolulu to the main land. Their explanation is that you will be able to catch early morning flights from the west coast to the east coast. I believe it is because they really push the debarkation excursions to Pearl Harbor and PCC. :) If you get a flight you don't care for, there is a $150 per person rebooking fee to try and get another flight. About the only good thing I found from buying through the cruise line is the guarantee to get you to the ship if your flight it late (only good if you are leaving day of the cruise).

Guest nhrich

NCL won't necessarily give you the latest flight back to the mainland. I just had clients come back and NCL put them a 12:45 PM flight.

When booking through NCL for Hawaii cruises, they will always give you one of the latest flights out of Honolulu to the main land. Their explanation is that you will be able to catch early morning flights from the west coast to the east coast. I believe it is because they really push the debarkation excursions to Pearl Harbor and PCC. :) If you get a flight you don't care for, there is a $150 per person rebooking fee to try and get another flight. About the only good thing I found from buying through the cruise line is the guarantee to get you to the ship if your flight it late (only good if you are leaving day of the cruise).

Thank you for your review on the Pride of America cruise you just took. We are booked in the same category of cabin (BI). Could you include some more information on the cabin, balcony, view, etc? We also live on the west coast and booked our own air flights because our TA couldn't give us any information on (NCL's) connecting/late flights.

Always fly in one day early esp if your looking at 10+ hours of flight times plus connection times. When we were flying to Honolulu in Feb for the wind we went a day early and thank god we did because we had to do an emergency landing in LAX (we were on IAH-HNL direct) and it added about 6 hours to our travel time.

The only time I ever used NCL air was from cleveland to baltimore via detroit on Northwest then baltimore to honolulu via chicago on UA.

We are going on POH in October. I just booked Southwest from Prov to Vegas(non-stop) and then Vegas to Honolulu (non-stop). On the way home, we are stopping in vegas for a night but also booked non-stop flights. We booked on our own.

We're on POA on 6/17 and my TA just got us the flight information--we booked through NCL--a few days ago.

Flying Delta from Fort Lauderdale, only one layover each way (On the way, we stop in Atlanta, on the way back, we stop at LAX).

I was just able to use our record locator (Which TA gave me) to get our seats online....

We are going on POH in October. I just booked Southwest from Prov to Vegas(non-stop) and then Vegas to Honolulu (non-stop). On the way home, we are stopping in vegas for a night but also booked non-stop flights. We booked on our own.

Ive heard bad stories on the ATA flight from Vegas to Honolulu because when you connect from southwest you dont have a seat number. If I were you I would give them a call. Even though you booked it as southwest the las-hnl leg is on American Trans Air.

With that said and after reading these boards, it would be a very rare situation that I would ever let those idiots book my air travel.

I agree. I would book my own. I would likely book my own even if the departure and arrival ports were different. It would be a very unusual situation that I would allow the cruise line to book my air.

We have used the air once on Pride of America, paid the "deviation" fee and stayed two extra nights in Honolulu, then chose Delta red eye home. Since we are only from California, we prefer the red eye since it gives us one full extra beach day without the cost of the hotel night and in some cases without missing another day of school or work!:o

For those with more complicated itineraries, if the fares are good enough, I'd just pay the deviation fee to pick your airlines!

• 2 weeks later...

I sure hope that we get a late departure out of Honolulu. We couldn't come in early, due to a tight vacation schedule, and really wanted to see Pearl Harbor.

This isthe first time I've combined air with my cruise, since I couldnt come close to the price separately.

Can't complain about my flights that were booked w/ NCL. From Phoenix we have a non-stop on Hawaiian Air. We leave Phoenix at 8:15 am and arrive in Honolulu at 11:40 AM.

Ther return flight departs Honolulu at 3:15 Pm and gets into Phoenix at 11:59 PM non-stop.

NCLA air doesn't always use the red-eye even returning to the east coast. While we had a red-eye to Denver my sister and BIL from Tampa had an early afternoon departure on Delta through Atlanta when we cruised on POAM in March.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have some examples of NCL airline/flights from EWR? I assume it will be the 8am through Denver but I guess it could be an earlier flight through Chicago.

I had a hard time deciding what airport to fly from. LGA is more convenient for me but I'd probably end up on a 757 through Chicago and it's always late. The two smaller airports I would really like to fly out of (HPN, SWF) aren't available with the promotional airfare deal they have. And ALB was too far away with too few flights. So I settled on EWR and will say a prayer that my experience there is bearable.

Also, we are staying 2 nights afterwards in a hotel booked through NCL. What time should I expect my outgoing flight to be? The same late flight that I'd probably get (according to posts here) if I were flying back the same day as the cruise ended? They wouldn't book me on something early out of HNL, I hope.

We just got our NCL flights yesterday out of St.Louis to HNL. I'm very pleased and relieved with the times. We arrive in HNL at 2:55PM and our flight home leaves 4:15PM all on United. They booked us to layover in Denver going out and Chicago coming back. No more than 2 hrs. The price we paid is half of what the airline is asking. Our TA got us good seats. We are glad we went with NCL air.

Archived