Another diet coke question!

BLONDIE35

Ok, I know there have been several threads about diet coke and I know that we can carry on some when we leave out of Seattle but, is there places at the Alaska ports to actually buy water and soft drinks. If so, are these places actually close to the cruise ship or is something like a 10 block walk to find a place to pick up a six pack of diet coke and water to take on the ship?

we will have stops in Skagway, ketchikan and Juneau. Thanks!!!!

:cool: :D :o

In Seward there is Safeway (Carrs) but is probably a 1/2-1 mile from the ship. A little closer at the marine are some "trinket" stores that I noticed did have water. Ketchikan has the Tongass stores that sell soda and water, right on the dock.

I have questions about this too. I decided that the soda card is way too expensive. I know I won't drink fourty-two dollars worth of soda in a week. It would be nice to have an occasional soda on the ship when you are just chilling between activities. How much does a cruise typically charge for a soda? Are there soda machines on board? What about bottled water? When I went on my first cruise in 1968, we quickly learned that soda was the same price as a beer. We drank alot of beer on that trip. Any insights are greatly appreciated.

J

I wouldn't suggest you go crazy buying like a full case though.

Search the boards of the cruiseline you're going with. RCI boards have this as a heavy topic as to whether or not you can bring stuff on (like pop/water) or not and if you can, in what quantities.

One person was told she could bring it on but would have to drink it in her cabin, lol...

Just wanted to post this so you would have a heads up about it incase you hadn't come across it before.

This post is scaring me.....can't you get Diet Coke on board cruise ships? Like with the soda card?

As far as I know you can still get soda by the glass at meals or at the bars without having to buy the drink card.

Just be glad you're not a Pepsi drinker - not available anywhere on ships!!!

Does anyone know where you can buy a case of water in Seward near the ship?

Safeway and Three Bears (small Costco/bulk type place but with no membership requirments) Both also have Diet Coke, if not on sale a 12 pack is around $5.

Three Bears (small Costco/bulk type place but with no membership requirments)

My heavans how could you not stop in and shop at A place names three bears.. That is to cool, maybe even better then the piggly-wiggly.. hmm maybe... :D

As far as I know you can still get soda by the glass at meals or at the bars without having to buy the drink card.

Just be glad you're not a Pepsi drinker - not available anywhere on ships!!!

This is just about not true anymore. All soda costs without a soda card. About $1.85/can on my last trip in January, including in the dining room.

I was told you couldnt bring on any beverages on when you leave the ship to visit a port..They scan your bags how would you smuggle it??I was also told that Carnival is not allowing any carry on sodas or bottled water...They changed their policy..We will try to bring on a 12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper..If they take it away they take it away..No Biggie..Hubby will have to do with Coke..

Archived