Dinner wear

vegas_gal

Ok, this subject may have already been beat to death, but from anyone who has recently returned from the TP - did men wear shorts in the dining room. I am not talking formal nights, I mean just the "smart casual" nights.

I know traditionally they say no shorts but since it is so warm and humid there, are there exceptions?

This dress code is from the first day welcome Princess Patter.

Formal, a Dinner Jacket or dark business suit for gentlemen and a full lenght evening gown, cocktail dress or trouser suit for ladies.

Smart Casual An open-neck shirt and slacks for gentlemen and a dress, skirt and blouse or trouser suit outfit for ladies.

On our cruise in January there were no shorts in the dining room.

Hope this helps. The dining room was cool so you won't find it warm and humid inside the boat.

Cindy

When we were on the T.P. in March, 2004 there weren't any men wearing shorts in the dining room at night. In fact, I have never been on a cruise where this has been allowed.

We were on the Pacific Princess in January and in warm weather and again the dress code was strictly adhered to.

Jennie

Thanks for the responses, i just wanted to make sure. Everyone keeps saying "leave the nice clothes at home, this is FP, don't pack a lot, wear just a pareo, etc, etc.", however, you kind of have to pack a lot if you have to wear slacks each night for 10 nights. (if you don't want to wear the same ones every night)

I like getting a little dressed up, in fact for me dresses and skirts are more comfortable anyway, but my husband was wondering.

Thanks again!

We just got back. It's funny - I didn't see any shorts at all but saw plenty of jeans and flip flops. I think khaki shorts are more dressy then jeans and flip flops but on the non formal nights you definitely saw a more casual atmosphere than on other cruises.

Jen - congrats on your wedding!! i have seen a bunch of posts of yours - how was the honeymoon??? did you post a review? this is basically a honeymoon for us since our wedding was a destination wedding in Mexico and we never really had a true honeymoon. are you guys in your late 20's/early 30's? how was the age range on your cruise? you can email me too, jme829@hotmail.com

Archived