rccl rainbow reef beware nassaue

foneguy

was on explorer in march, booked rainbow reef snorkle catamaran in nassau.....well they did not mention it was a 50+ snorkler catle boat, that takes you with in 1000 meters from the ocean, alone 2 other cattle boats. the crew was nice but, not too prepared for trouble. ie: my mother first timer snorkling, got in the water, had trouble, 3 ft waves, so i took her to the ladder and a fellow snorkler helped me get her aboard. did i mention there was only a 1/2 mile fast paced walk from the ship to the dive boat we nearly missed, mom is older and a slow walker, i told the " coordinator "who lead the folks she walked slow.....we were 100 ft when the boat attemped to set sail when i had to yell at them to wait. of course rccl was of no help...... but on the lighter side, wife and kids had fun between the boat ride and all of the people running into all of us in the water.......

I've taken that same tour several times.. the tour used to be able to pick you right up at the pier.. you would walk across from the ship to where you might have seen some coast guard boats.. this changed after 9/11 security is tight and no tours are allowed on the pier. they are no longer allowed that close to the cruiseships..

the thing is over 200 people at the same location, 3 boata so close no a good tour for kids, and rough seas for such a tour, we were first out of the water after getting kicked in the head by fins so much.,the crew not prepared for diver/ snorkler emergencies (imo)

the thing is over 200 people at the same location, 3 boata so close no a good tour for kids, and rough seas for such a tour, we were first out of the water after getting kicked in the head by fins so much.,the crew not prepared for diver/ snorkler emergencies (imo)

we did go once with rough seas and I didn't go in and made my kids come out.. I think they should cancel if the water is rough but you know how that is.. the bottom line is $$$$$... the times I did go and it was smooth as glass it was no problem with the amount of people in the water....

Archived