Getting around Frankfurt, Germany

merela

We have booked at the Marriot Frankfurt near the Fairground/Messe.

Address: Hamburger Allee 2-10

Frankfurt, 60486 Germany

http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage/FRADT

Short of calling the hotel directly, I can't find the train direction from the Frankfurt airport to this hotel.

I know both the U Bahn and the S Bahn can get to this hotel, but I don't know how to find the exact stop or the exact train that will take me from the airport to this hotel.

I can't read German and the websites I've found are all in German. Is there a trip planner (or similar thing) for Frankfurt train system?

TIA.

Jennifer

We have booked at the Marriot Frankfurt near the Fairground/Messe.

Address: Hamburger Allee 2-10

Frankfurt, 60486 Germany

http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage/FRADT

Short of calling the hotel directly, I can't find the train direction from the Frankfurt airport to this hotel.

I know both the U Bahn and the S Bahn can get to this hotel, but I don't know how to find the exact stop or the exact train that will take me from the airport to this hotel.

I can't read German and the websites I've found are all in German. Is there a trip planner (or similar thing) for Frankfurt train system?

TIA.

Jennifer

Jennifer, My daughter lives in Germany and has been in Frankfurt many times. I'll email her your questions and see if she knows the answer. BTW, she and hubby, who is German, can read the websites for you.

Donna

I know it should be pretty easy to get around Frankfurt with their very very efficient train system, but depending on which exit you take once you are at the HaupthBahnhof (or which stop you get off the train), it may mean an extra 10 minutes of walking.

Thank you for your help.

Jennifer

I have had hotels in Frankfurt several times over the past few years the last time which was in June. I understand your situation and will give my best shot as an American that has traveled in Germany. Alot of Hotels in Frankfurt offer transportatio to and from the Airport in Frankfurt. Those that do in some cases will charge you a small fee ($5.00) one way going and free one way coming. For those that do not furnish transportation it is easy to take a bus or train (even from the Airport) to down town Frankfurt). I believe the fare from the Airport to the down town train station is around $4.5 Euros. There are several stops on this train but I am not familar with the stops. Anyone from the Frankfurt area could give you better information but I would take the train or bus and get a Cab at the down town location rather than taking a cab from the airport. Lets see if any good information comes. Tim

I dunkel beer.

Merela,

there is no direct train stoping realy close to the Marriot. You have to either walk some way or, better, use the streetcar from the main train station.

On the website, I gave you the link for, you can select street/no instead of stop. Just enter Hamburger Allee 2 or what ever the hotels adress is or where ever you want to go to.

I've stayed there several times... they have a shuttle bus to/from the airport. Call them upon arrival and let them know what terminal you are at. Shouldn't be more than 15 mins until they pick you up. I would also call/email the hotel in advance to let them know your arrival time.

Archived