Pride of Aloha Balcony room

Twice-a-year

Has anyone on this board cruised the Balcony room on the Pride of Aloha? I noticed from the picture that the door to the balcony is not the see through glass sliding door. It looks like a solid door with a pothold and you can slide it to get to the balcony.

Another question, is there a 24 hours restaurant? I cruised NCL Jewel and NCL Star, there is a 24 hours restaurant. I do not mean the Room service.

Hi

I just came back from the POA and the worst part about this ship is the staterooms. They are small & the storage space is non-existant.

Yes, we had a balcony room and 'yes' they do not have a sliding door but more of a glass door that opens and the other side is solid with a port hole. This is probably the dumbest thing I have seen in balcony doors ever. I remembered them from when the ship was the sky. However, the balcony was very nice to have and I would absolutely recommend it! The balcony size was excellent. (It seemed to be about a third of the room size). To be able to go out and and get that Hawaiian view from your room for us was so worth it and we slept with the door open every night.

We had a port side room and we really enjoyed the view that the port side provided in each port. Well, both sides had a great view as it was Hawaii after all, however, the gangway was always on the starboard side therefore the starboard side rooms always had the port buildings and parking lots in front so you really had to look beyond. Our side never had buildings or other ships butt up against us. That is the kind of thing I try to take note of. We were not on the side for the NaPali sail but you could get a great view of this coastal sail on any deck for those few hours. For us, we enjoyed it on the pool deck with a few MaiTais.

Emjoy your cruise - we loved it.

Has anyone on this board cruised the Balcony room on the Pride of Aloha? I noticed from the picture that the door to the balcony is not the see through glass sliding door. It looks like a solid door with a pothold and you can slide it to get to the balcony.

Another question, is there a 24 hours restaurant? I cruised NCL Jewel and NCL Star, there is a 24 hours restaurant. I do not mean the Room service.

I was on the Pride of Aloha when she was still the Sky and we were in a balcony cabin. There isn't a sliding door but a very large porthole. I was told that this was because the balconies were not part of the original design (The ship was originally built for another cruiseline but they could not take delivery so NCL picked her up before she was finished and had the blaconies added. Unfortunately to add the balconies required removal of cabin space to fit them in and a weird balcony door design.). While unattractive the balcony doors functioned fine and the balcony was a good size. When I was on her as the Sky, there was no 24 hour restaurant - so I would assume as POA there isn't one.

The rear facing balcony cabins do have a full glass door plus a larger balcony . That is why they cost more . The drawback with these cabins is that they tend to get soot form the exhaust and you have to wipe off the furniture each time ; still , they have splendid views .

Archived