Liberty - best shore excursions?

pisces68

Hi

From what I've read, most readers prefer to do shore excursions on their own because of costs, and that makes sense but I guess we're just afraid of being late or missing the ship.

Can anyone tell me if they've taken these 2 shore excursions on the Eastern Itinerary?? If not, what did you do that you would recommend.

Tortola - Best of Tortola (lunch @ Cane garden bay)

OR Longbay Beach (lunch etc)

Nassau - we want to do the dolphin thing but its sooooo expensive. What else has anyone done in Nassau?

If I did decide to book things on my own, do I wait till I get off the ship or can it be done in advance?

Any info is definetly welcomed!

Sure, more details would be great. I am wondering if I would get seasick on the Antigua By Sea. I am fine on cruise ships but not so sure about small ships/boats. Also about the Virgin Gorda tour. It looks and sounds wonderful but I heard it can be pretty strenuous, not sure if I spelled that right. We're in our late 30's and I'll have my 13 year old with me but I do have a bad knee so dont want to overdo it and ruin my vacation.

Forget the Virgin Gorda tour because there was alot of downhill hiking to get to the beach and of course the same hike back up, however My DH has an artificial hip he is 45 and I am 50 and we did just fine. Antigua By Sea was great, there is some choppy waters as you get close to the private beach, I took Bonine just in case, no one seemed to be sick at any time that I noticed, once you get to the beach you can swim or snorkle, they serve a wonderful lunch on real china no paper, we had grilled chicken with various salads, vegetables, fruits and breads. The ride back included dessert cake, we did a conga dance around the boat, they serve rum drinks all day which are included, I could go on and on about this, I loved it and the staff was fantastic, if you decide to go, you will certainly love it. Cher

~Private excursions~

Most of the time, you will arrive back at the pier about the same time as the ships excursion, you will be going to the same place as the ships tour, only for less money and way less of a crowd.

Remember these are licensed private tour operators and their job depends on you having a good time and getting back to the ship in plenty of time to do some shopping before the ship sails.

Don't worry and have fun:)

Thanks for all the info. I know it makes total sense to not book the shore excursion with the line, we'd probably save alot of money. And you're probably right, I am just worrying.

Is there any particular excursion that you might recommend? My daughter, 14, was wondering about Blackbeards castle in St. Thomas. She's into the whole pirate thing lately.

Archived