Uvero Beach

chiledog

We did the dolphin swim there, and loved it. They had all kinds of things going on there at the beach that day. I don't recall seeing anyone snorkeling, I'm sure you can, just because I didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there. Guess we were just too pre-occupied taking pictures & home video and doing souvenier shopping. Do you guys have your own snorkel equipment? I do remember seeing lots of jetskis, little boats or something around there, that might make it a little hard because of them going out & coming with the wake they cause and everything, might make the water a little rough, but you could go on the other side of the pier & try it. There's a long pier you walk down to get to the dolphin area, with water on both sides of it. I remember the boats being on one side, and people swimming on the other side. If you click on the link below in my signature, Uvero beach was our last port stop on that cruise, we have pics of the beach and the long pier. They're at the end of the slide show, but it will give you an idea of what to expect.

Not all of us have snorkel equipment, but we'll see if they rent it. Was there a lot of sea grass in the water? My son won't go in if that is the case. We are leaving on June 9th on the liberty. Can't wait!

You can look at the pics in my signature towards the end of the slideshow to get an idea of the water, we never got in it, so I really can't say about the seagrass. They did have barracuda swimming around so if you do get in, don't wear anything shiny.

We went to Uvero beach. There was a considerable amount of sea grass, which we were hesitant to walk through. But we found there was a ladder off the pier that lead into a sandy area.

While there is no reef, I did some snorkeling in the area. I was actually quite impressed. There are fewer people in the area, so it's not at all crowded. There were many fish around the pier and a number of large starfish in the grassy areas. The size of the fish and starfish was quite big compared to what I've seen in other places. It was also interesting to see the old materials from pier construction being used as wildlife habitats- there also appeared to be an old dingy that sank and something that looked like a cannon.

I can't speak to rental gear, as we all have our own. But I would recommend the snorkelling.

Archived