Where's the best place for a discount on booking?

LuVtHeMoUsE

Disney does not discount their cruises . Also it is against cc guidelines to recommend an agency or website.

Correct, however it is acceptable to talk about travel agents in general. COmparing travel agents on the web to travel agents in brick-n-mortar stores and comparisons to the cruise line bookings are all fine. Just no discussion of specific TAs. We don't want TAs getting free plugs when there are perfectly good TAs paying perfectly good money to advertise here like those excellent TAs at the top of the screen. See them? Go ahead, click on their names. Also, we've had problems in the past with TAs pretending to be customers and recommending themselves, that sort of thing kills the credibility of the boards.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't a TA so I hope it isn't a problem to recommend this site: www.mousesavers.com - it is a website that just lists various discounts available for all things Disney related. For example, they'll mention discount clubs, discounts through airlines, special promotions etc. I don't think the site sells anything - it is just an informational site.

Definitely shop around a bit. Even after booking, depending on how soon you're sailing, you may still be able to cancel your previous booking if you find a better price. I usually book the best price I can find at the time and then watch for any deals. Three of my favorite things in life are deals, mousesavers.com, and Costco ;) .

and then sign up for their e-mails. I have a separate e-mail address that I use for this type of thing. We just got a great deal and booked it this way. The price wias 650.00 less than the disney price and we got a mid ship cabin with a balcony. The date wasn't the "perfect" one for us, but at 650.00 less than Disney and 2200.00 less than our "ideal" date, we're pleased.

Good luck!:)

Not sure if you're still looking, but I would recommend checking with some of the online websites where you can get agencies to compete to find you the best deal. I've had some luck with that. We also use our AAA membership to get decent deals, so you can ask Disney directly about those.

On line TA is the way to go. There is another popular board website devoted to DCL which is sponsored by an online agency which I used. I was able to book the 7 day Magic for 1/2 the price that I saw anywhere. Send me a PM and I'll send you the name and link.

Dandy8,

I love your dancing M & M and just added them to my signature, thanks! I'm also interested in your on line agent. I did a search on pm and found it's disabled. Can you give some clues on the agent's web site? I've looked at the dis discussion board but there are lots of advertising so not sure who it might be or if you're referring to a different board, thanks.

Glad you like the dancing M&M. I wonder why they disabled PMs, I've used it on other boards it's very convenient and helps people communicate without worrying about security. Since my posts have been deleted the only thing I can say is that there is another popular disney board website devoted to DCL which is sponsored by an online agency. ;)

Keep in mind with the online TAs you mainly communicate through email. If you are the type of person who needs to speak with someone to answer your questions right away you're better off going with a regular TA.

Glad you like the dancing M&M. I wonder why they disabled PMs, I've used it on other boards it's very convenient and helps people communicate without worrying about security. Since my posts have been deleted the only thing I can say is that there is another popular disney board website devoted to DCL which is sponsored by an online agency. ;)

I didn't think they ever had PM's on here but maybe I'm mistaken. This is the only board I frequent that doesn't give you the ability to contact people other than posting so the only option is to give out your email but I know that's not the most secure thing to do (although I've done it on occasion).

To the others - google disboards.

Keep in mind with the online TAs you mainly communicate through email. If you are the type of person who needs to speak with someone to answer your questions right away you're better off going with a regular TA.

If your post have been deleted it's probably for breaking the rules, like recommending TA's or agencies. You're not allowed to do that here not even by email. Probably why there is no PM.

The couple post on here asking for email addresses to contact you will probably get deleted too.

Bill

As an agent, I personally think Disney Cruises are way to expensive. For a family of 4, I can usually find a cruise on either Carnival, RCCL, or NCL for half the price. I would say about 90% of my clients reconsider when they find out how expensive it is.

As an agent, I personally think Disney Cruises are way to expensive. For a family of 4, I can usually find a cruise on either Carnival, RCCL, or NCL for half the price. I would say about 90% of my clients reconsider when they find out how expensive it is.

I agree that it's really pricy but I think it's worth experiencing once especially if you have little ones. There's nothing like that special "Disney" feel that you get, and seeing the excitement in your child's eyes is priceless. We did it last November but probably won't do it again for a very long time due to price.

It is a different experience on DCL, but yes, there is a price premium (just as WDW might have a higher price than 6 Flags just 15 minutes from my house) as it is a globally recognized and trusted "brand" with just two ships available.

I have often found large price disparities for comparable ships, itineraries and the same travel dates, and thus I have gone RCI as many times as DCL. Other times the price point has been much lower, like the same week, Disney vs. the Mariner of the Seas, and for the same money I got a disney oceanview cat. 8 or a balcony on RCI--when the pricing is that close, I can skip the balcony and enjoy the disney experience.

Good for the agent for finding things in his clients' price range. But Because Disney may have a higher price does not make it "too" expensive. The Disney ships typically sail full and have devoted repeat customers, so plenty of people recognize the value received.

It always makes sense to look for the best price for the value and Disney has it's own value, I'm ecstatic to be booked on a Disney cruise.

I grew up going to Disneyland on family vacations including opening year and in high school a pal and I used to fly down by ourselves, a big thrill from protective parents. If I went in 1955 obviously I'm not a kid now at least not physically.

My childhood friend and I are booked in 08 through the Panama Canal, just 2 adults. Yes it's higher priced but we love the feel of Disney, always enjoy the Park immediately when walking on the grounds and expect we'll be extremely happy on this cruise. My friend is a frequent cruiser but this trip is more about 24/7 Disney than anything else and should be a unique experience from other lines.

Value is more than just dollars, I'd be disappointed in an agent who didn't compare options as well as one who thought my request was overpriced, 90% isn't a bragging point in my view.

• 2 weeks later...

If a Disney cruises Is the Vacation of your DREAMS. I'm sure the number of travel agents to help you out would be UNLIMITED. I think you best bet would be an online agency. Try a google search and see what you come up with.

Our Magic cruise was one of my top two cruises ever. You will have a blast!

Than I would say 90% of your clients missed a trully awesome experiance. Actually unless you have done DCL, you probably can't sell them. Their is way more to a cruise, than price alone. Sometimes it's as easy as where the Disney ships berth, as opposed to anchoring offshore, and ferrying cruisers in to the port. Or it may have to do with the time in port? A cruise is differant for each person, and you seem to be selling the same line. Disney is Disney, who else evan comes close to their enterainment value? Carnival, gimme a break! RCCL is trying to catch up! They all had to after the two Disney ships went into service in 98, and 99. Gimmick ships are what are being offered, by others. Metrowon

If a Disney cruises Is the Vacation of your DREAMS. I'm sure the number of travel agents to help you out would be UNLIMITED. I think you best bet would be an online agency. Try a google search and see what you come up with.

:D (Your post made me chuckle!!)

Archived