24Hr Airport Taxi for Galveston - Don't use them

Hebejeebe

I booked the Carnival Conquest and used Enterprise one way for the trip from IAH to Galveston. It worked great - they charged $40 for a drop off fee but even so it was cheaper than a taxi or shuttle (we are a family of 5). The Enterprise office in Galveston has a free shuttle to the port. I would have used Enterprise for the return but they said they were closed on Easter Sunday. That turned out not to be true. I wish I had taken them because my alternate arrangements with 24hrairport taxi were awful.

24hr Airport Taxi has a great website. I called in advance for reservations and they gave me detailed instructions for how to get off the ship and make my early flight (12:30). I called them when I got to the early self debarkation meeting point at 7am. They would then send the van to Galveston while I worked my way through Customs and off the ship (expected pickup time 8:15-8:45). They would call me with further meeting instructions. By 8:30 I had not received the call so I called them back again. At 8:45 I finally got a hold of them and they said they would be pulling into the pickup area (not so bad right?). Well, 15 minutes later they hadn't pulled into the pickup area. I called them again and they said the dispatcher would get back to me. Finally, she called and said they didn't have any drivers because it was Easter Sunday. Could I please wait at least another 45 minutes?

After some back and forth I got her to drive us to the airport (the dispatcher also works as a driver). For the next 1 and half hours I had to listen to her explain to many many customers why they were not going to be picked up for their drives to the airport. While 24 hr airport taxi took the reservations well in advance they made no arrangements to make sure they could deliver on the pickup. Major screw up - holiday is no excuse. Tell people when they make their reservation that they have no room.

I don't recommend this taxi service but Enterprise worked great. I would use them again.

Archived