Could we make a 11:52 flight in LA???

Murphey

If we got an early disembarkation, could we make this flight from San Pedro?? (LAX) Thx

Yes unless the ship experiences problems beyond their control.

We just debarked the Diamond Princess (express walk off) on the 24th and were at LAX by 9:00 am.

We always take the 10:40 flight.

You should not have any problems.

Take a cab though. :)

You don't need to go through the trouble of doing the express walkoff and taking all your luggage from your cabin if you go to the Purser's Desk during the cruise and show them your flight arrangements. They will give you one of the first disembarkation groups and you should be able to collect your luggage, grab a cab and make it there by 9:30.

Last November there was "an immigration problem" on our Diamond Princess cruise. I was in the first group off after the self-disembark, and I didn't get off until 10 AM. The self-disembark didn't start till sometime around 9 AM, and there were a whole lot of them.

The time before that we had a similar timetable. That time it was crew day for immigration. When that happens, the whole crew has to do the immigration walk, which means you have two or three less officers for the passengers.

A third situation where you may be late is if there are more than two ships disembarking at the same time in LA. That means less officers, too.

I hate to kill your sunshine dream, but IMHO you could well miss your plane. Why stress?

M.

On my last cruise, the disembarkation process didn't begin until about 8:45am because immigrations/customs boarded the ship pretty late (the Monarch of the Seas probably got in to San Pedro before us). We live in the area so we don't bother with trying to get off earlier than our scheduled time. But if I was going to catch a flight at LAX, I wouldn't book anything earlier than noon. Traffic going up the 405 toward the airport can be a bear, even on a non-weekday.

I agree with Cruisin Chick. The 405 is nasty. Actually, pretty much all the freeways in SoCal are pretty bad. Even on a weekend, you can't count on no traffic. Plus, LAX has pretty bad security lines unless you get their REALLY early in the morning. You could make it, but everything has to go right. 11:52 isn't too bad as it's almost noon, but I'd feel more comfortable with something at 1pm or later. Same goes for other major airports with no close alternatives (versus NY, where there are 3 big airports to siphon traffic from).

Archived