poll about the color of your luggage. Just read the thread, please:)

majosa

Okay we are going on our first cruise in September (YEAH!!!!!) What i would like to know is what color is peoples luggage. I want to be able to notice ours really easily and without a lot of hassle. So before we buy new luggage i thought i would see what colors are the most common and go for a color less common. I was thinking hot pink but my DH has put his foot down and said NO WAY!! I wonder why???:p :D

I like your idea of hot pink luggage so you can spot it immediately! I have a feeling, most people that respond will tell you they have black, dark green, burgundy, etc, colored luggage. You know, all the "typical" boring colors that everyone on earth (including myself) has. We have a dark green set and a burgundy set. I think you should step out and do something daring! How fun!

Good luck!

Black and red are very common on the two cruises we have been on. I always take curly ribbona and make a bow for mine. don't do red, white and blue because I think everyone does that also.

That is one of the reasons why we chose to take our luggage off ourselves that and I don't like the idea of my luggage sitting in the hall for anyone to pick up.

Ours are black.......because they get filthy dirty, and it doesn't seem to show up too bad on black. But of course we put brightly colored ribbon on the handles so we can reconize it......

While hot pink is pretty......if you travel as much as us it wouldn't be pink for very long:p

We actually stuck a strip of orange duct tape on our older black luggage, could spot it a mile away. Then I bought red for my Freedom cruise, and learned the hard way that everyone had the same idea. I love the hot pink luggage, but the ones that really stick out have a design on them, like palm trees or something. How fun, new luggage! I want the spinny kind next.

I picked red thinking that it would be different. I was wrong. It's hard to get a real unique color because manufacturers make colors that appeal to the masses. I like the idea of sticking colored duck tape on them. When my son went to Australia his group made round stickers with the schools logo on it to stick to the bags. Unfortunately, they did not stick well. If you could get ones that stick that would be nice.

And how many people even have "matching" luggage?

The ones I currently use, I've bought at different times...So NONE of them really match...

My small rolling carry-on sized one is BLACK by way of Costco...

My wife's is DARK GREEN...

My rolling "Garment Bag" is sort of a STEEL GRAY...

My wife's is BLACK...

My wife and I both have 26" Rolling bags from Costco in DARK BLUE...

From my experience, I'd say 75% of everyone's luggage seems to be Black, followed in order by Dark Blue, Gray and Deep Red...Beige/Tan would be 4th..., then Green...

Anything other than Black is fairly easy to spot...or at least to narrow down...

I try to make mine more recognizable with very distinct luggage tags...

Navy Blue and Dark red here. But went to Target and got those Dayglo Green luggage tags. We were able to spot our luggage a mile away in both the cruise terminal AND the airport;) Colored ziplocs are another good idea, but harder to spot from a distance:(

Why not get two sets? One for DH (in a boring color) and Hot Pink for you? Then you can say "I told you so" when you find yours first:D

I had my nephew airbrush flowers onto my red luggage. Made it easy to spot and I didn't have to worry about the ribbon or any attachments getting removed.

I bought red luggage thinking it would be better then blue or black but even red is popular!

We sometimes go to Channelside in Tampa and watch the ships sail. If you are at Margarita Mama's or Bennigans, you can look down and see the bins full of luggage lined up to be loaded on the ship. 99.99% are black, blue, green, red, grey, or brown. .01% are yellow. Yellow is the color to get, but just know that it will get dirty. But who cares if the outside of your luggage is dirty.

Mine is light purple. I got it from Target for $40. It's been on a cruise and a round trip flight to Vegas and has held up pretty well. Fairly unique, too. Only problem I had was when we were at a stop in New Mexico to let people off prior to arriving in Vegas. The plane was moving back out to take off, and I saw purple luggage that looked exactly like mine on the luggage cart heading from our plane to the terminal. I nearly had a heart attack. I was sure it was mine. DH was sick of me talking on the way there about how I was going to HAVE to buy all new clothes. My luggage did show up. I was grateful, but there went my shopping spree!:)

luggage.jpg.cd3e71474f72bd003a544cb9455c413d.jpg

One daughter has red.

The other has green tapestry.

I recently bought two sets of olive green and the rest is black.

This last summer I found neon orange ribbion to tie to the handles and it worked great. I figured it is also a bit of a clue for the people who deliver luggage to the cabins.

From the olden days I have a set of tangerine color Sampsonite..shows up really well, but alas, no wheels.

Archived