poll about the color of your luggage. Just read the thread, please:)

majosa

I like two silly types of luggage. I use Wheeled duffels like those used for dive gear. I get the harbottomed 30- 36 inch 18-20 inch wide rolling duffels. I used to stencil a pirate flag like design on the sides, but now I tend to just put some sort of unique luggage tag or ribbon or such on the handle. I usually take two duffels and a suit/dress bag for the nice stuff. The clothes don't care. The two duffels I have now have been through Europe, and on three cruises so far.

RUF

We have a variety of luggage in various stages of destruction. BUT my newest JUMBO piece is bright pink. DH has not seen it yet but I know we will be able to pick it out in that sea of luggage at debarkation. None of ours matches. They have been purchased seperately on an as needed basis.

On ALL of my luggage I tie a fluorescent orange pom-pom that I make. I put braided ties on them and none has ever come off during baggage handling in all the years I have used them. I made different colored pom-poms for friends who travel with us. That way we know we are looking for , lets say 2 navy suitcases with hot pink pom-poms. Has worked perfectly so far.

Lets just hope all the luggage makes it to our destination airport WITH US and makes it to our cabin on time.

Just bought a real set. Lime green-can't wait to use it this May. used to have black- hated it. red-before it was popular. forest green rolling garment--unusual shape, use as needed.

I posted this in another thread ....

Mine have a hot pink and white Hawaiian print and my travel buddy's is one huge bright blue and white sea turtle print. We had to LOL when we saw the luggage-soup at the terminal - black, burgundy, green, and navy .... and then there was ours - insulting all else! Makes it easy to find, though. Had to wonder, though, how they managed to get one of my bags outside my room, but had to go hunt down the other. Wouldn't you think, "Gee, here's one hot-pink-Hawaiian-print bag....could it be possible that this other hot-pink-Hawaiian-print bag goes with it?" Apparently, it never occured to the Carnival luggage handlers!

Pink_Luggage.jpg.c6a328b411910bb7f7a27b8d9c320678.jpg

100_0002.jpg.9860c544da90bb6a5757f90abb58d517.jpg

My dad spray paints their luggage with stripes of dayglo yellow paint. At first, my mom was livid, but through the years she says that she has seen the sense to his methodology. It is pretty unsightly, but you can't miss it in port::)

I bought the DD an orage set. One trip and they sure looked ruff. My first cruise we had to have all new luggage. After they shape they end up in, I won't spend much on it. I got a Navy blue twiler for Alaska, broke one wheel going and another coming home:(

I did notice as I was watching the luggage in Houston that a very large number of bags are now red. There is also alot more pink and lime green and teal too.

Archived