Any Daysails with no children??

k.hill

O.K. don't hate me, but me and my DH don't have kids and want to try to find a daysail that would be adults only. I'm a teacher, so I love children, but would like some adult time and super relaxing time every now and then, especially on vacation. We know we'll have kids everywhere else while on the cruise (June), but are hoping to get a day or so away. So, what are the odds of finding a daysail with no kids.

I can't (well, won't) spend the $$ to charter alone, and I guess I could wait and try to book closer to the cruise to see whose already signed up. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience or info on daysails that tended to be more adult (not psycho party...just adult) and have little or no children usually.

Thanks,

Karla

I can't help you with your actual question, but I do want to say that you don't need to feel embarrassed about wanting an adults-only day sail. IMO, it's a shame that so many people feel the need to chastise those of us who prefer to find activities where fewer or no children will be involved. It's a personal choice; it does not mean you are a bad person or that you are (as some will hurl at you) a "kid hater." It makes me angry when others try to impose their own preferences or act as if we are "wrong" or "damaged" somehow. We've raised our DD, have kids in our life (not ours, but close friends'), and simply don't prefer to cruise when there are 100s of kids onboard. I used to preface every question regarding kid-free or fewer kids times with that explanation. One day I decided that I was under no obligation to "prove" myself or my motivation or show that I'm not a kid hater. (What we really, really do hate is when parents decide that "it's a cruise ship, so we'll take a break from parenting and just let the kids do whatever they want and the cruise line or other pax can be responsible.")

As a teacher, you most certainly need to have time away from kids. But I do know how hard that can be when your time off is the same as most of the schools' vacation times. My parents were both teachers. I taught grade school for a few years (then I bailed for the private sector). My brother teaches at a JC. I know how it is when you are around kids all day and all year. Thanks for doing one of the hardest, most important, and, at least these days, least rewarded professions.

Anyway, I hope you are able to find a daysail that works for you. I know it can be hard to find an adult excursion that is not at the other extreme with heavy partying. Have a great cruise.

beachchick

Definately give rumbaba a call. Ask them if they have anyone else booked for the day you are in port. They already had a couple booked for our day - they called the couple and they didn't mind if we joined them. I am a total planner and very picky - I kept rethinking this since it cost more than the "average" excursion. This was NOT and "average" excursion - definately splurge on this charter - so fun and relaxing at the same time!

I can second the recommendation for Rumbaba. We were on a day sail with Capt Bobby and first mate Karen, with our adult kids, almost 2 weeks ago, there were 6 of us. It was awesome, had a delicious lunch, drinks, great snorkleing and swimming. Rumbaba is a must! I'm sure they will try to connect you with at least one other couple. Doesnt hurt to give a call or email!

Archived