help please--evening wear?

Fleuve51

We will be on the May 4th sailing of Amadeus, starting in Amsterdam.

What do the women wear for dinner at night?

Is it smart casual?

We have been on many ocean cruises & bus tours, but this will be our 1st river cruise.

I know on bus tours, no one dresses up at all. Some even wear the same thing that they had on all day!.

I presume that on a river cruise, we should clean up & wear nicer clothes, than what we wore all day touring.

Thanks for any advice.

Eileen

We will be on the May 4th sailing of Amadeus, starting in Amsterdam.

What do the women wear for dinner at night?

Is it smart casual?

We have been on many ocean cruises & bus tours, but this will be our 1st river cruise.

I know on bus tours, no one dresses up at all. Some even wear the same thing that they had on all day!.

I presume that on a river cruise, we should clean up & wear nicer clothes, than what we wore all day touring.

Thanks for any advice.

Eileen

Eileen - We took the Amadagio from Budapest to Nuremberg last December. Most made some sort of change prior to dinner. Not evening gowns or sport coats, but sweaters or collared shirts for the guys and a little jewelry and nicer tops for the gals. WIT

Smart Casual would be fine. You will see it all. Occasionally some tours return late in the day so people do wear the same clothes they had on all day sometimes. The last trip we took was the most casual yet. Many people with jeans even on Captain's night. But Captain's night will be a mix of sport coats, ties, sweaters, pullovers and slacks/blouses for the ladies.

Archived