Nightlife in southbeach this Friday 13th.

quikb18b

We are a group of 4, 23-28 yrs old.

Were going to arrive in miami on Friday around noon, we plan on having lunch somewhere and then doing some shopping before checking in to the Hotel. We plan to have dinner in southbeach and want to go out afterward. We will have a rental car so driving is not a problem.

Lmdrop Ive seen some of your post and have been researching the clubs Ive seen you suggest in other threads.

I looked at the website for Mansion, Prive, Opium and was a little confused it looks like these clubs are all at the same location but are open only on certain nights? It looks like this friday its happening at Opium. I saw the option to purchase tickets ahead of time? I'd rather not commit ourselves to going to a certain place. I also don't want to end up waiting in line at a place we might get into.

Funkshion looks nice, we just can't make up our mind. How much does cover usually run at most clubs? Depending on how tired we are, we might even opt to go somewhere that starts getting crowded a little earlier as I want to make sure were not too tired on our first day of the cruise.

Any help is appreciatted.

. We plan to have dinner in southbeach and want to go out afterward. We will have a rental car so driving is not a problem.

A car in South Beach is a bigger PIA than asset. Parking will cost you around $20 and if you try and drive somewhere to eat, you'll have to pay to park there as well.

A cab from MIA will be around $30 to South Beach and $12-$15 from South Beach to port depending where you are staying.

Club prices vary. Where are you staying? Have you contacted your concierge at the hotel?

Clubs don't get busy in South Beach until well after midnight and don't get hopping until after 2AM.

Were going to arrive in miami on Friday around noon, we plan on having lunch somewhere and then doing some shopping before checking in to the Hotel. We plan to have dinner in southbeach and want to go out afterward. We will have a rental car so driving is not a problem.

Lmdrop Ive seen some of your post and have been researching the clubs Ive seen you suggest in other threads.

I looked at the website for Mansion, Prive, Opium and was a little confused it looks like these clubs are all at the same location but are open only on certain nights? It looks like this friday its happening at Opium. I saw the option to purchase tickets ahead of time? I'd rather not commit ourselves to going to a certain place. I also don't want to end up waiting in line at a place we might get into.

Funkshion looks nice, we just can't make up our mind. How much does cover usually run at most clubs? Depending on how tired we are, we might even opt to go somewhere that starts getting crowded a little earlier as I want to make sure were not too tired on our first day of the cruise.

Any help is appreciatted.

Hi there! Yes Prive and Opium are in the same location,but are two separate lounges. However Mansion is located on Washington Ave.They are all owned by the same company. Opium is definately a place to be Friday but another fun place is The Fifth on Friday nights. You can also check Mokai and The Forge.

http://www.mokaimiami.com/

http://www.theforge.com/

http://www.myntlounge.com/

These websites still have WMC information but you can call them and find out whats happening.

Funkshion was a very fun place. I celebrated my birthday there in February and it was a blast. They place mostly radio music...mix of hiphop, pop, R&B, and 80s stuff...but its a really cool place and the food there is so delicious!! I've only been there on a Saturday. Not sure how Friday nights are.

Cover charges normally run you about $20 - $25 per person. Its not cheap...but sometimes when there is a group of girls if you get to the club before 12 PM you can get the no cover or some of you can get comp'd. Clubs here normally start getting crowded at around 12PM, there way of getting people to come early is by offering no cover before 12PM. If you sign up at cooljunkie.com you can try to get on the lists of various clubs. If you don't want to wait in line than again I suggest getting to the club early.

Beware: parking is going to be a bi*ch if you don't get there early. If you get to the beach late expect on valet or a parking lot that will probably charge you another flat fee of $20.00. You are better off taking a cab to the beach from your hotel. Depending on where you are staying.

If you want to go somewhere that gets crowded earlier you might want to go to the Shore Club for some drinks. This place gets nice earlier than the clubs.

Hope this helps. :)

We are staying at the Fortune House. As far as driving to south beach, dring maybe lunch or dinner do they not have a general parking area where you can park and just walk to all these places? At night we were probably going to take a cab anyways since we would be drinking.

Its going to be my girlfriend and I, and our other two friends(couple), which is good as I've heard of guys having trouble sometimes getting into the nicer clubs if there was more than two of them. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind our women joining the party :D.

I'll try and find the website for Shore Club and I will check out the other ones as well.

Thanks for the tips!

We are staying at the Fortune House. As far as driving to south beach, dring maybe lunch or dinner do they not have a general parking area where you can park and just walk to all these places? At night we were probably going to take a cab anyways since we would be drinking.

Its going to be my girlfriend and I, and our other two friends(couple), which is good as I've heard of guys having trouble sometimes getting into the nicer clubs if there was more than two of them. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind our women joining the party :D.

I'll try and find the website for Shore Club and I will check out the other ones as well.

Thanks for the tips!

Ahh the Fortune House...that's a block away from where I live. My Fiancee's cousin lives there as well. Not a bad choice...During the day you should definately have a better chance of finding parking. Depending on where you are going there are some parking garages that you can park at for the regular day rates. By Lincoln Road Mall there are several metered parking lots as well as a regular multi floor parking lot.

There are many nice restaurants and bars in the area of your hotel as well...just in case ;)

Sorry!! Iforgot to post the website for the shoreclub...Sorry!

http://www.shoreclub.com/

Let me know where you are planning on eating so I can locate a place to park for you.

Yeah it looked like a pretty good choice for the money, read some reviews some bad some good, but sometimes reviews are worthless because people can be so anal.

Resturaunts were having a tough time too, because the girls tend to be picky eaters. I do want to check out a some Cuban far while were there, maybe when we get back, I'm dying to have a Cuban sandwich.

Friday though were probably want to eat somewhere traditional somewhere that has steaks, chicken, some seafood, kind of something for everybody.

Yeah it looked like a pretty good choice for the money, read some reviews some bad some good, but sometimes reviews are worthless because people can be so anal.

Resturaunts were having a tough time too, because the girls tend to be picky eaters. I do want to check out a some Cuban far while were there, maybe when we get back, I'm dying to have a Cuban sandwich.

Friday though were probably want to eat somewhere traditional somewhere that has steaks, chicken, some seafood, kind of something for everybody.

Well if you have no real direction you can always drive over to lincoln Road Mall and park in one of the metered parking lots or the garage and walk up and down this pedestrian mall. There are all kinds of choices for food. Van Dyke Cafe is one of my favorites. If you want to go a little on the steep side you can check out Prime 112 located at the very beggining of South Beach they have good steaks and some seasfood. There is also an Emeril's right on Washington Ave.

For Cuban food I suggest going to lario's on the beach. If you have time try to make it to Sergio's not too far from your hotel - 3252 Coral Way

Archived