Empress deck on Sensation?

CruiseMark

Our cabin on the Sensation is currently on the Empress deck, below the aft dining room (not the galley) on the deck above.

Does anyone have any experience with these on whether or not you get much noise from the dining room above? We like the location otherwise, making it easy to get on/off the ship.

Mark: how do you know your cabin number alread?

The sensation has a shutter feeling when it is starting and stopping. Especially in the aft. But I dont think you will hear an noises from the dining room.

I liked the main deck. The empress deck is VERY busy.

We are in E126. Our TA said originally our group was booked on a lower deck and that we had been upgraded. I hate to hear that the Empress deck is busy. Oh well. This is our first cruise and I hope to enjoy it.

On the Fantasy-class ships, the Empress Deck is where the photo gallery, Pursers Desk, internet cafe and Shore Excursion Desk are located, as well as the Atrium Bar. It is only heavy traffic from midship forward. Aft cabin passageways should experience no more traffic than any other passenger deck.

We were on the Fascination on the empress deck, just a few cabins forward from the Pursers Desk. I loved this location! It was so easy to get everywhere. We were very close to the glass elevators so we used those and never had to wait for an elevator.

We stayed on Empress deck on Inspiration midship right near the Information desk....really liked this location and didn't experience too much noise. Also, stayed on Empress on Imagination but it was Aft...also liked this location. It was near the stairs and we only had to go up one or two to be at the entrance to the dining room. We were under the galley...didn't experience too much noise. There was a crew door right across from our cabin and when they rolled carts across the metal stripping in the door it woke me up every morning. I like the Empress deck b/c you are only a few flights below everything and don't have to take the elevator.

Archived