Thanks Hawaii CC'ers

jerseyjk

Just wanted to send you all a thank you for all the advice you've posted on this board. It all helped make my recent (4/1) Pride of Aloha cruise (review on the NCL board) one terrific trip.

Hopefully I can give back some info now that I've actually experienced it.

So if you had to pick your four favorite things that you did in Hawaii what would they be??? I too have learned so much on these boards and have a notebook full of ideas. Now its time to pare down and decide which ones to do. Very nice of you to thank everyone. I feel the same way. It is a fountain of knowledge..Kindly Karen~

I totally agree with you Cruise Critic is the Best!!!

I found this board in 2003 before our cruise and could not get enough! I study and read and asked questions and now it's to me like American Express, Don't Leave Home with out it.

People can tell you things that you would not have thought about and so much from those who have been there done that.

I will be in Hawaii 5 weeks from today and will be boarding the Pride of Aloha on Sunday.

Marcy

Marcy,

We're going in September. I feel the same way about all the info on these boards and the great help people give you. So my question is, what kind of feeling are you haveing being so close to your cruise? I'm several months away from ours and can't hardly wait. Do you feel you have everything accomplished that you want done? I'll be asking alot of questions when you get back. Be sure and post your trip so we can learn. Thanks.

Gregg

Marcy,

We're going in September. I feel the same way about all the info on these boards and the great help people give you. So my question is, what kind of feeling are you haveing being so close to your cruise? I'm several months away from ours and can't hardly wait. Do you feel you have everything accomplished that you want done? I'll be asking alot of questions when you get back. Be sure and post your trip so we can learn. Thanks.

Gregg

I've cruised several times and each time I can't wait as well, but I get more relaxed as I have learned from cruise to cruise what to pack and what I can go ahead and have ready and waiting to pack in the suitcase and I then have a list to check off before I pack.

Now don't think I'm crazy but I do this in a spare bedroom about 5 months prior. I will lay out things that are your normal stuff, you know underwear, swinsuit, etc. Then I hang in the closet what I think I'll take, it's always way to much, then 2 weeks before I go back over my list and clothes and narrow it down. Then I'm ready to pack and go the next week.

The long months of waiting before the cruise I study the ship, read and ask question here and visit on line all the ports and learn all I can about them and webshots and other sites looking at vacation photos of those who have been before.

I'll post info when we return, It might take me a few days to recover and having to get back to work as well.

Marcy

So if you had to pick your four favorite things that you did in Hawaii what would they be???

Four favorite things? Hmm ... Tubing the Ditch, The Olivine Pools (what Maui Revealed calls them ... careful, it's a steep climb) in West Maui, Fair Winds cruise in Kona and VNP.

I just got back from POH. My favorite 4:

Captain Zodiac snorkel trip out of Kona, VNP, Ke'e Beach Kauai (big waves when we were there!) and West Maui. Oh, and the shumai and pork buns from 7-11 for a cheap, quick tasty breakfast or lunch!

Archived