Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel??

di43

Okay, I'll try this again. Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Riverwalk hotel in Tampa. I posted on another thread, but no response. I stayed there when it was a Raddison and didn't have one thing bad to say about the place. I've read on tripadvisor that it has gone down hill since Sheraton took it over. I liked this hotel because it is so close to Cahnnelside and the port. Everyone seems to like that Chase Suites, but its a good 20 minutes to the port. Has anyone stayed in the Channelside area at all??

di43,

We have not stayed at the Sheraton, but did stay at the Marriott Waterfront the night before a cruise in 2003. As I recall, it was a quite nice hotel, and nearby/almost adjacent to the cruise pier. The general area had lots of new buildings, restaurants, etc. All in all, I recall it as a pleasant experience, but it was only for one night a few years ago, so things may have changed -- for better or worse.

Dave

I have not stayed at the Sheraton Riverwalk but I did work in the downtown Tampa area for 13 years. Now I work near the airport. A previous poster mentioned the Marriott Waterside at Channelside, it is still a very good hotel. The Embassy Suites have also opened up a hotel in Channelside in the last few months. Both of these hotels are 5 minutes from the pier. You can also check out hotels on Harbour Island. The restaurants, shops, etc. that the previous poster mentioned are at Channelside which is a shopping area that includes shops, restaurants, movie theater, bowling, etc. When staying at Channelside you are also close to a grocery store and a short trolley ride from Ybor City, a historical district. I hope this helps. Have a great cruise and enjoy your time in Tampa.

Archived