Wedding Onboard The Mariner Of The Seas 4-10-2005

skyking

Hello All,

We Just Booked Our Wedding Cruise Today And I Just Have Sooo Many Questions To Ask. Does Anyone Have Any Good Info Or Pictures That They Would Like To Share? We Are Dying To See All We Can.

Tim

Tim -

Many congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :) Are you planning on getting married onboard the ship or at a port of call? If you have booked your wedding through Royal Romance, you will find many postings of people's dealings with them - both from people getting married on board as well as at ports of call.

I suggest doing a search of specifically this forum for "Mariner" and you will see lots of postings in the result. Someone here (dncheatham) got married on the Mariner at the end of June - here is her review.

PenniesFromHeaven married on the Mariner in April and has also written her review along with a link in the review for her pictures.

There's probably more that you can find from the search as well. Many people here to help answer your questions!

Thanks For All The Good Wishes,

We Are Going To Wed In Port Canaveral Before We Sail. We Have Many Reasons For Doing This As We Both Reside In Orlando. I Have Family That Will Be Coming In From Southern California And Her Family All Reside Here As Well. This Will Allow Plenty Of People To Attend Then Get Off The Ship Before We Sail. We Are Still Not Sure If We Are Going To Invite Anyone To Go With Us, Do You All Have Any Opinions On This?

Tim

We took everyone with us because if we had wed at the embarkation port (Miami), they would have flown so far. Most had never cruised (or left the mainland US), so it was a great way to introduce them to cruising. We wed towards the end of the cruise in St John on the beach, then chartered a catamaran for the reception (so our guests/family got a good daysail as well!). We knew that even if we had a wedding here in Dallas where we live, our parents and all of our relatives would have to travel. So if they are traveling, make it for a good vacation. :D

We had no problems having them onboard. We made sure our suite was on a different hall from everyone else ;) and we still had our alone time. It was a great opportunity for the two families to get to know each other, and members of our respective families to spend time together since some live 1000+ miles away from their nearest blood relatives anyway! The ships are so large anyway, it was totally possible for us to go all day long and not see some people. It was an awesome week! (Pics/review in my signature)

No need to stress! There are so many options. Click on my username and view my other posts - they might share some insight (or confusion!). LOL! I've been fortunate to have time to play around here on CC these past couple of months... but UGH... I start back to school TOMORROW! (I'm a math teacher). But I'll still be around!! I had sent you an AOL IM a few minutes ago. At least you guys have been on several cruises and have that part down! :)

Skyking,

We live in Merritt Island, and are planning to get married on Mariner next November in Port Canaveral. We are planning on having approx. 50 guests, all non-sailing.

This may be terribly selfish, but I just don't want to share my honeymoon cruise with our family and friends. I love them all, but I really just want an "us" vacation for the honeymoon.

Just my 2 cents :-)

Congrats on the wedding booking!!!

Tim - You can always take a "belated honeymoon" if you marry during the cruise. We were only on the ship less than three days after marrying on St John, so that is hardly considered a honeymoon. I still tease hubby that he 'owes' me a honeymoon! ;) We've been on another cruise, to Europe, and other destinations in the 16 months we've been married, but he wants to take me to Hawaii for a 'honeymoon' since I've never been. We're thinking of that for next year. Either way, it's a good joke between us that we never had a honeymoon, yet we have definitely taken some great vacations during the short time we've been married.

Depending on the size of ship you are on, you could be sharing your honeymoon with 3000+ total strangers. If you have 30 people on the cruise with you, that is less than 1 % of the overall population - just a drop in the bucket. I've read some postings of people having a "wedding cruise" with a wedding at a port of call (friends/family cruising as well), followed by a "honeymoon cruise" as a back-to-back (usually two different itineraries but same ship). But each person is different in what they desire in a honeymoon. And you live in such an awesome location so you can have your pick of cruises!!

Congratulations,

My daughters getting married on Oct. 20th in St. Thomas on the Mariner. I'll post after its over and let everyone know how it was.

The wedding coordinator from St. Thomas e-mailed me and we have been in contact with one another on a weekly basis. She's been wonderful. She has even given us the time for the ceramony 1:45 then the 2 hour reception will follow.

Mandy- I was hoping maybe you could help us out with this? We are deciding which kind of reception to have. If our guests have full reign of the ship I am afraid people may show up full. Does it make more sense to have the hors d oeuvres reception instead? We are trying to decide!

Tim and Candice

Hi Candice!! I believe if marrying onboard, they will most likely reserve a room solely for your group's use and place a sign outside the room depicting "private function in progress" or something like that. I wouldn't worry about anyone extra showing up. :)

Archived