Hawaii Intineraries Tomorrow ?

Shine

Read a few posts stating these intineraries will be announced tomorrow (April 11 th ) Does anyone have any updated info. regarding this ? Are they announced in the morning or sometime during the day ? Any info. on ships doing the Circle Hawaii R/T San Diego in Spring 2009? Thanks for any info.

Interesting bit of new from NCL http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2012.

They are having trouble making money in Hawaii.

Hi Rick !

They might have to change the name Pride of Hawaii, as they are pulling her out of Hawaii ! :)

I always thought having so many ships in Hawaii would be too much. For now, it looks like that is turning out to be the case.

Based on the names of the ships, I'm surprised they didn't pull the Pride of America. The names of the ships should have led to that one. Pride of Aloha and Pride of Hawaii in HI and you can move the Pride of America anywhere.

Rick -- you know how the Pride of America looks kinda funny...with the very short bow? I remember reading, when it was launching, that it was designed specifically for coastal cruising and not meant to stay days at sea. So, with the repositionings and sea days associated with most other cruise itineraries. That may have had something to do with it. It will definitely be strange to see Pride of Hawai'i pulling into Barceloana or Copenhagen.

Please remember that all itinararies are mere suggestions at best. We booked our 4/22 Hawaiian cruise aboard the Infinity when the books opened, over a YEAR in advance. We had our schedule changed TWICE, the last last change coming AFTER final payment. The end result is a 14 night Hawaiian cruise that spends only 4 DAYS in Hawaii.

Now tell me please...who books a 14 night Hawaiian cruise with the intention of spending only 4 days in port? By the time the last set of changes were announced, final payment had already been made and cancelling was not an option. What truly angered me was that Princess offered a similar itinarary at the same time that spent 6 days on the islands.

Caveat emptor...buyer beware. We learned the hard way.

Have been waiting for the schedule and pricing to come out for Hawaii roundtrip for Mar/Apr 2008. Saw today that the millennium class ships seem to be in South America and Panama Canal during that time.

Wonder if this means NO round trip for us? :-(

Archived