Rome Bus Hop On Hop Off Tour - Any Comments?

My husband and I recently spent a week in Rome, we enjoy walking here but for transportation we purchased a three day pass for the Hop on Hop off bus. Very easy to use, stops at all the major sights and you can enjoy the great scenery along the way. We've used these busses in many European cities, preferring them to the underground.

Pat

Mary I too booked with Viator for the bus. I will be using it on May 13th. I looked foward to hearing what you think, but If I will be traveling before you. I will post my experience as well

Theresa

We used the 110 bus as well. We didn't have a lot of time in Rome and it provided a good way to see most of the main sites. Also, it rained almost the whole time, but the bus was dry. I'd recommend it, especially if you've only got a day or 2.

Mary I too booked with Viator for the bus. I will be using it on May 13th. I looked foward to hearing what you think, but If I will be traveling before you. I will post my experience as well

Theresa

Theresa, looks like we are on same cruise ship, just different dates - we'll be sailing April 19-May1! We fly into Rome on the 17th, so will have a few days pre-cruise to see the sites! Hope to compare notes when we both are back on terra firma! :)

We used the hop on hop off buses in Rome in January 2007. It works great, but at that time of the year there was only about one bus per hour so we had to wait and wait for the next bus. I hope they are more frequent in the summer.......

My wife and I did the HOHO thing in Barcelona and really enjoyed ourselves. If we ever again have a chance to use another we deffinitely will do it. Sat up on the top, roofless deck and had no viewing obstructions. Good value.

CIAO,

Are these booked in advance or once we arrive in Rome?

You can book ahead but we prefer to get them wherever we are going.

In Rome, tickets are available at the Termini Station (Stop # 1) or you can simply get them at any of the stops directly from the bus driver.

Theresa, looks like we are on same cruise ship, just different dates - we'll be sailing April 19-May1! We fly into Rome on the 17th, so will have a few days pre-cruise to see the sites! Hope to compare notes when we both are back on terra firma! :)

Maryutah we are on the Freedom on the 13th of May - would you be able to give your review of the hoho bus the week you return - my email address is sharon_sorlie@hotmail.com I would love to hear your comments.:)

Maryutah we are on the Freedom on the 13th of May - would you be able to give your review of the hoho bus the week you return - my email address is sharon_sorlie@hotmail.com I would love to hear your comments.:)

Sure will Sharon, we took a few days off after we return, so plan on catching up on the USA, cleaning clothes, getting back on Utah time schedule and of course posting pictures, thoughts and the like :)

I also would like a copy of your reviw of the HOHO experience. Please send to bprice@mounet.com.

Thanks

Instead of e-mailing your review of the HOHO bus to various members, perhaps you would post it here on the boards instead. That way, everyone can benefit by it.

Thanks in advance!

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

We used the 110 bus as well. We didn't have a lot of time in Rome and it provided a good way to see most of the main sites. Also, it rained almost the whole time, but the bus was dry. I'd recommend it, especially if you've only got a day or 2.

How much time did you have in Rome and how much did you see in that short time? I am trying to fit as much in as possible whilst our ship is in port only from 7:00am-6:00pm. I am going crazy about planning this day so will be anxuious for your reply.

Thanks

Jennie

We used the HOHO bus this past Oct in Baracelona and I was disappointed in it. Starting point was within walking distance of the ship and it was "empty" when boarding. It was pricey--I believe around E25 PP. One area looked interesting, we got off, walked around for an hour and came back to get back on. There was a line of approx. 15 people and many of the buses that came along were filled and few if anyone was able to get on the buses. It probably took 30 minutes to just get on to continue the trip. We then stayed on and worked our way up to the top. This was at the end of the season and I wonder what seating is like when it is "busy". The concept sounds great but practically a lot of time is wasted waiting for a bus with seating. Also a lot of time is wasted going through the city with all the congested traffic and not much to see.

John L.

We will be using the HOHO in Rome next month on our second Med Cruise. We have enjoyed using HOHO's in Copenhagen, Barcelona, London, Sydney and Vancouver. In my opinion, they are the best way to see a city. We haven't decided which one to use, but we will be including it in our review that will be posted in June.

We will be using the HOHO in Rome next month on our second Med Cruise. We have enjoyed using HOHO's in Copenhagen, Barcelona, London, Sydney and Vancouver. In my opinion, they are the best way to see a city. We haven't decided which one to use, but we will be including it in our review that will be posted in June.

Hi Mike, I hope you enjoyed your time in Sydney. I'll be very interested to hear about your experiences with HOHO in Rome. I am a little confused over Copenhagen. I hear it is easy to walk as it is all quite compact. We are a family with 2 young teens. Should we take HOHO or just walk Copenhagen? We are planning to take the canal trip as well. Thank you for your opinion.

Jennie

Archived