Group Booking

travrn

I am looking to book a family/friends cruise for the last week of March, 2008. Anyone have any ideas on the best way to do this? What kind of discounts are available for groups? This is the first time I will be doing this for the family!! Looking at all the threads, you all are very experienced cruisers with LOTS of great advice!! I have been reading the threads for two days straight getting much needed info about ships, excursions, etc. I have only been on one cruise a year and a half ago on Carnival Victory to the Western Caribbean, so I am really depending on the advice of experience cruisers. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

We booked a group last year and also this year, we received a great group discount and this year each cabin received $100 onboard credit plus a botle of champagne per cabin, also the 16th passanger only pay's taxes and port charges.

Depends on when you cruise. If it's a prime week (holiday), may not get as many amenities points. But Carnival does great for groups. Last year, did it through Carnival groups -- we didn't even get the 8 cabins, but we still got amenities points for photo credits, OBC, chocolate covered strawberries.

If you can get 8 cabins, you get back the cost of the lowest price fare (on RCI it was the lowest, not sure if it's lowest or average on Carnival). That doesn't come till waaaaaay after the cruise. You can either divide among all the cruisers in your group or keep as group organizer.

I just this week booked a group on Carnival through my on-line TA (he was great to me for the RCI cruise I took this year). The Carnival group rates for my cruise were excellent and we are getting OBC too. This is during a holiday week.

As for the actual cruise experience with the group... that's something different! This year, I planned private excursions and told everyone what I was doing. They could join me if interested. Most did. We had dinner together every night. There were some I didn't see till dinner (like my parents!). I made a newsletter that I emailed to everyone the month before we cruised. My biggest fear was that some of our group are not good with "time" (what time to meet for early excursions). It ended up working out really well (only time some of them have ever been on time!)

I love planning/organizing and I love cruising, so I love being "cruise director." Have fun!!!

speaking with the groups department at Carnival-- make sure the person has experience with groups.

You want the most for amenties. ( i spoke to a person at work who was getting next to nothing in thwe way of amenties

But like the People above stated-- its gonna depend on the week. March is a big time for spring break since Easter is Early next year.

You are wise to plan this far in advance. The earlier you get it booked the better for your prices

Archived