Holiday Cruises Emerald or Galaxy?

Marie-Claude

We've finally decided to take off for the Holidays... Now, it's a matter of choosing... My dilemma:

Emerald 10 days

X Galaxy 13 days

Similar itineraries - similar pricing per day

New ship vs old ship

Big (too big?) vs. smaller

Princess (Platinum status) vs. Celebrity...

I've read so many bad reviews of the Galaxy, but the Emerald is so big!! What to do? Waiting to hear some convincing arguments! :p

MC

I personally would choose the Emerald for 2 reasons. First the new vs. old. The Galaxy is starting to show it's age and all is not good from what I've read recently. I think you've likely read the same reviews. The second reason is your Platinum status with Princess. As far as I am concerned that is the tipping factor. One other factor I will throw in as I don't know you well enough to know if it will matter... kids. There will likely be a LOT more kids on the Emerald over the Galaxy simply because f her age and size. If this is a huge issue for you it could change my (your) mind. It sounds like you'll have a wonderful cruise no metter what!

SusieS:

Galaxy was launched in 1996 and from what I understand has not had any major refurbish... that's really what's holding me back - I'm afraid it might be somewhat of a disapointment... also no more balconies available, so it would be an oceanview which seem very small.

Mommykin:

Kids... hummmm... I'm thinking that any cruise during the Holidays would have its share. But this is definitely something to keep in mind

Thanks - and keep the comments coming!

MC

Archived