If you Like It, SAY SO !!!

sail7seas

Wow! Excellent ideas which I will follow in the future. Never thought to make comments on all the lovely things which I've taken for granted. From now on, I will be very specific on my comment card. I'm going with both Sail and Jim and Ruth and thinking of doing up a letter in advance stating how much I am looking forward to . . .

If we were to follow this up with a letter to the corporate office in Seattle, would it be read?

Cheers,

Spoely

Sail, such a good idea to suggest this. We are living in a society of people who always complain about what they DON'T like, but we really rarely think to say what we DO like. As you say, we assume it will always be there and then we might get back on the ship one day and what we like is .... POOF! ... gone.

Then we're the ones writing the complaints and the disappointments. So what you say makes such good sense. Tell HAL NOW what we are enjoying and what we like so it doesn't suddenly disappear.

By saying nothing we may give the impression we don't care one way or another when all the time we're just taking everything for granted.

On our next cruise I will be sure to do just that ... I'll just hope it's not to late!!!:D Thanks for posting.

Wow! Excellent ideas which I will follow in the future. Never thought to make comments on all the lovely things which I've taken for granted. From now on, I will be very specific on my comment card. I'm going with both Sail and Jim and Ruth and thinking of doing up a letter in advance stating how much I am looking forward to . . .

If we were to follow this up with a letter to the corporate office in Seattle, would it be read?

Cheers,

Spoely

Yes, Spoely.

I sincerely believe your letter to corporate in Seattle would be read.

By all means write a snail mail.....the only way they know what we want and what we care about is if we tell them.

On my February Eastern Carribean Cruise I was one of those who came down with the "virus" that spread like wildfire. Unfortunately, I missed Half Moon Cay, as I was quarantined. But... everyone was so nice and thorough in making sure I was comfortable and even being in the same room with my DH (they had to quarantine him too even though he didn't get sick) for 24+ hours didn't bother me lol! The doctor was awesome, as was our wonderful cabin steward.

In addition to documenting this on my comment card, I called HAL when I got home, asked to talk to someone in charge and two days later I received a call back. I relayed my feelings, giving positive feedback and told them I had already booked my next cruise. I figured it's always nice for them to hear positive comments, since many only call with complaints. They really appreciated the call and as a result, they went out of their way to offer us chocolate covered strawberries on our Sept. cruise! I surely wasn't expecting anything - this made me love HAL even more.

So, a phone call is always nice too - we all love to hear when we're doing something right - don't you agree?

Happy saiing everyone!

Lovedogs

If anyone here wants to know someone has read/heard their opinion, print this out and mail it to:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Micky Arison

Chairman, Carnival Corporation

C/0 Carnival Cruise Line

3655 Northwest 87th Avenue

Miami, Florida 33178

(according to Google )

For Holland America Line:

Mr. Stein Kruse,

President and CEO Holland America Line

Mariners Society

Customer Service

Public Relations

Sales

*you name the department*

Holland America Line

300 Elliott Ave West

Seattle, WA 98119

The only way we can have our opinions considered is if we let the bean counters and those who have the power to make the changes/retain the Tradition of Excellence know what we think.

How about printing this thread and mailing it?

I think using the comment sheets is great idea...I will use them to tell HAL how pleased I am that they have eliminated informal nights...Also I'll make sure they know that experimenting with Anytime Dining meets with my approval...Thanks again for the contact information for HAL and the Carnival Corporation.

S7S - Wonderful suggestion!! This was exactly the line of thought I used when I filled out the comment card last month! We've only been sailing for 11 years -all on HAL - and I am saddened by the many changes we've seen in a short time! I could have filled out 5 or 6 pages on that comment card. Chatting with Capt Harris at one of the Suite passenger events, he mentioned to make sure it's on the card. He said they get about 75% return on these cards (which is a very high # compared to other industries) and they make it a point on the Westerdam to read ALL the comments.

This is your chance to be heard - On the Good & the Bad!

Archived