Aqua boats

finkfizzle

• 1 month later...

We did the ultimate snorkel while in Grand Turk last year and it was pretty good. While I was getting ready that morning, DH saw all the aqua boats in a row along the beach and said that looks like fun. So, I booked it for this year's trip. I hope it's good. It does look like a lot of fun. I promise I will write about it when we get back. I can't believe that NO ONE has ever done the aqua boats!!

Happy cruising!!

• 1 month later...

My husband and I did the Aqua Boat excursion on the Zuiderdam last November. Unfortunately we had some rough waters, and it made the excursion almost unbearable. The waves were bringing us airborn and we hit the water really hard every time. I was exhausted from hanging on and I was never so happy to get off that little boat! I'm sure it could be a lot of fun in calm waters, and the snorkeling area they brought us to was really teriffic. I just wish we could have had more snorkeling and less of the those darn boats!

DH saw all the aqua boats in a row along the beach and said that looks like fun. So, I booked it for this year's trip.

What are aqua boats? Did you book thru Princess or on your own?

By the way Shamrock, we're going on the same Crown sailing as you...Can't wait!

What are aqua boats? Did you book thru Princess or on your own?

By the way Shamrock, we're going on the same Crown sailing as you...Can't wait!

We booked through Princess. From what it says, the boats are 12' inflatables that hold 2 people. You drive your boat to several snorkeling spots with a guide and several other boats. The only thing I am wondering about is getting back in the boat after snorkeling. Apparently you tie the boat up to a mooring buoy and have to climb in. It looks like fun, so we'll give it a shot.

We were on the Crown last year. You're really going to enjoy this cruise!

Hi--my daughter and I are doing the aqua boat excursion also on Crown Princess Aug1-10. I am also wondering about any information. I don't know if I like the rough ride that was described. Anyone out there who has done this excursion?

We booked through Princess. From what it says, the boats are 12' inflatables that hold 2 people. You drive your boat to several snorkeling spots with a guide and several other boats. The only thing I am wondering about is getting back in the boat after snorkeling. Apparently you tie the boat up to a mooring buoy and have to climb in. It looks like fun, so we'll give it a shot.

We were on the Crown last year. You're really going to enjoy this cruise!

Shamrock,

There is no graceful way that I know of to climb back into an inflatable! You hold on to the side with one arm and flip your leg up in in, pulling your body up with your leg and arm. Using your leg helps because they are typically stringer than arms. If you have troubles, have your buddy help with a little push! You'll be ok!

Shamrock,

There is no graceful way that I know of to climb back into an inflatable! You hold on to the side with one arm and flip your leg up in in, pulling your body up with your leg and arm. Using your leg helps because they are typically stringer than arms. If you have troubles, have your buddy help with a little push! You'll be ok!

Thanks, Diveoz. The way I figure it, someone will make sure you get back in the inflatable one way or another! I'm up for some fun!! It's vacation time!!

Thanks, Diveoz. The way I figure it, someone will make sure you get back in the inflatable one way or another! I'm up for some fun!! It's vacation time!!

I'm sure you will have fun... Happy cruising!:D

• 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion last year and it was the best! Don't worry about getting back in the boat, they have a little ladder you can climb up. There are about 10 boats to a tour and we occupied 5 of them. The tour picks you up at Margarittaville and transports you by bus to the dive shop. There they tell you how to operate the boat and you're off. We had such a blast! Stopped for the first snorkeling, we used disposable underwater cameras and the pictures were great. You are supplied with snorkeling equipment, a dry bag to put your stuff in and the little ladder is in the boat. I brought my Princess towel and it came in handy at the 2nd stop. This is a resort with beach volleyball, a restaurant and bar plus more snorkeling. On the way back we asked Carlos to take us back up to the ship so we could get some pictures using the Crown as our background - absolutely beautiful! One of the other boats tipped while we were riding and we all went back and helped the couple gather their things and off we went. Well worth the money. Would do it again if I did this island. Ruth

We did this excursion last year and it was the best! Don't worry about getting back in the boat, they have a little ladder you can climb up. There are about 10 boats to a tour and we occupied 5 of them. The tour picks you up at Margarittaville and transports you by bus to the dive shop. There they tell you how to operate the boat and you're off. We had such a blast! Stopped for the first snorkeling, we used disposable underwater cameras and the pictures were great. You are supplied with snorkeling equipment, a dry bag to put your stuff in and the little ladder is in the boat. I brought my Princess towel and it came in handy at the 2nd stop. This is a resort with beach volleyball, a restaurant and bar plus more snorkeling. On the way back we asked Carlos to take us back up to the ship so we could get some pictures using the Crown as our background - absolutely beautiful! One of the other boats tipped while we were riding and we all went back and helped the couple gather their things and off we went. Well worth the money. Would do it again if I did this island. Ruth

Hi, Ruth. Thanks sooo much for that wonderful review! I knew someone had to have gone on this excursion! I am really looking forward to it now, and rest assured I will write about it when I get back!! Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Completely agree, we did the aqua boats this past june on our cruise...very much worth the money :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from the Crown and did the Aqua Boats in Grand Turk. Truly a great excursion! We had a blast. Only 6 boats went out, 2 in each boat. We had 2 guides that gave very detailed directions on how to operate the boats. The first snorkeling site was when we were tied up to the mooring buoy. No problem getting back in the boat thanks to the ladders that are in them.

The second stop was at Bohio Dive resort. There, we had about 30 minutes to either snorkel, swim, eat, drink at the bar, or just lay on the beach.

We then headed back to the dive shop, but on the way, our guides let us drive the boats right in front of the Crown Princess, and they took our pictures for us. That was pretty neat.

I would highly recommend this tour. It was well worth the money.

Once back to Margaritaville, we chose to just spend the rest of the time by the pool on the ship, because we had been there last year. There's not a lot to do on this island, but the snorkeling was really good. Enjoy!

Archived