Best Scar Cream?

Satchel85

I'm planning on booking for a late May 2008 Caribbean cruise in the very near future. However in December my leg met with an exacto knife which resulted in an accident that required 60+ stitches in the three layers of muscle, fat, and skin. This is the size of the cut, and the scratches along side of it have also scarred (warning, don't look if you're faint of heart or don't like the look of stitches) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/erin_iwamoto/Cut011.jpg

So as you can see it's in a pretty obvious spot when you're wearing anything other than full length pants/dresses/skirts and I'd like to reduce it visibly as much as possible before next year's cruise. Any help would be much appreciated :)

I'm planning on booking for a late May 2008 Caribbean cruise in the very near future. However in December my leg met with an exacto knife which resulted in an accident that required 60+ stitches in the three layers of muscle, fat, and skin. This is the size of the cut, and the scratches along side of it have also scarred (warning, don't look if you're faint of heart or don't like the look of stitches) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/erin_iwamoto/Cut011.jpg

So as you can see it's in a pretty obvious spot when you're wearing anything other than full length pants/dresses/skirts and I'd like to reduce it visibly as much as possible before next year's cruise. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Vitamin E and aloe can help.

This topic was covered recently on the fashion/beauty forum (where I posted some recent scientific research showing no effect from vitamin E, and several cases of negative reactions...)

I have used Mederma cream to great effect and silicone strips to lesser effect.

Thanks! :D I'll go check out the Mederma and the link.

MadJohn, lets just say it was a rather stupid mistake on my part. I was working on some Christmas craft projects on the floor and was using my leg as a brace. The exact knife slipped and bit into my leg, and the wood splintered and scraped against my leg immediately afterwards which caused the other scratches alongside it. I don't suggest ever trying it :p

My surgeon recommended Maderma to me after I had surgery near my abdomen. I remember having to use it a couple of times per day for a few months, and now I just have white lines where my surgery scars are.

Dont worry about your scars, you are much more aware of them than any one else will be.

My husband had Heart Surgery and he has a scar up his arm and a scar in the front of his chest, which we both LOVE , because it means he survived, and so did you. Thats ALL that matters.:)

Archived