auto insurance ??

JMOD

We are thinking about going on the 4x4 Drive yourself in Samana DR, can anyone tell me if there is insurance included? We called our insurance company and they will not cover us in DR. I have emailed Royal Caribbean, but they have not responded.

Thanks,

Now this is one thing I would have to suggest NOT doing. I dont know if you have been to the DR before, but it is not the safest place for an American Tourist...Especially if you wonder off into unknown parts away from tourist areas. This is why land resorts wont even let you leave after certain hours. Just an FYI

I called and spoke to my insurance company, USAA, and my credit card company, BOA. Both had overlapping coverages for rental cars when I used my credit card to do the rental. That said, I was renting in the US, I would strongly suggest that if you rent in a foreign county, purchase the supplemental insurance, read and understand the contract. I understand that in some of the Caribbean islands, they prey on parked rental cars, stealing the vehicles and stuff out of the vehicles, up to and including the spare tires off of Jeeps. The renter is responsible for these items, and has to pay for them when the vehicle is returned. Good luck with it. Have a great cruise.

Archived