Cavetubing and zipline tour suggestions?

stunned

Does anyone know which outfitter is the best to book with for cavetubing and zipline? Would like to do both, but want to make sure we aren't rushed on either one. Going in September.

We just returned from the Glory on Sat. We booked cave tubing and zipline through Nacho and Cynthia. We had an awsome time this was the best tour guides we ever had.. Make sure if you pick someone its nacho and Cynthia. They are the best ever. You can reach them @ Nacho_Cynthia@yahoo.com. ALso tell them hello from the Lisenby's! You will not be sorry if you go with them.

Daniel,

My wife and mother in law are concerned that we will not get back to the ship in time for the 5pm departure (7/1/7 Carnival Legend cruise). I am guessing that you had sufficient time to do both the zip line and cave tubing AND make it back to the ship (I want to show this to my wife and MIL).

Also anyone else with comments on a similar experience would be apprieciated.

Jim

I just got back from sailing on the Legend today and one of our stops was Belize. I booked a zip line and cave tubing with guides Nacho and Cynthia who own their own tour company. Including myself, there were six of us total. Words can not express how wonderful this trip was with our guides. The ships tour was crowded and not very personal. I saw a lot of long lines waiting for their turn at the zip line while we were leaving and already on our way to go cave tubing. Nacho and Cynthia were with us the whole day and explained many things about the area. The trip to the resort is about 45 mins long and having our own guides who told us everything about the area and its inhabitants was priceless. The zip lining and cave tubing was very well done and extremely fun. Nacho seems to have some kind of inside knowledge about the people who run the zip line and cave tubing because we always seemed to be a couple steps ahead of the cruise ship excursion. Which means no lines and more time for fun. Another big difference between Nacho and the cruise excursions is lunch. We had a wonderful lunch in a beautiful restaurant in Jaguar Park. Sitting in an air conditioned, glass enclosed restaurant in the middle of a tropical jungle is something to behold. Trust me, if your going to zip line and cave tube, you can not do any better than Nacho and Cynthia. Please check out their web page at NCQadventuretours.com. Don't be turned off by their site. I know it doesn't look like much, but remember, this is not some huge tour service with unlimited money and that is what made the tour great. It was very personal and you end up wanting to take them home with you. I promise. Tell Nacho that Daniel sent you.

FlubberT,

Thanks for the reassurance! I figured with all the people using the non-cruiseline charters that they would make it back in time.

My screen name caome from being a pharmacist and a boat captain. It is also the name of my boat.

Jim

I am planning my cruise to Belize in Late July and we would LOVE to do the cave tubing. I have seen so many different thoughts on who to go on. I am worried abotu the zip-line! I know it would be amazing, but my 64 year old mother will be with us and I am a large woman. Can we do the Zip line? I am wondering if we should skip the zip line and just go with the cave tubing.

Thanks to everyone for the great info. Does anyone else have any photos? I'd love to see some more. Thanks!.....
CC member gatorclaw has made some pretty neat videos of their cruises and one is of them cave tubing in Belize. Go to the following link and then select chapter 5 for a pretty neat video:

http://www.gatorclaw.com/voyageofvalor

John

I am having tons of "no luck" connecting with Nacho and Cynthia. We are sailing in July and wish to book with them as my first choice. I have tried several different emails but no answer. Any additional suggestions? I'm about to go with another tour but I am a selfish American and I want my way!!! HELP.

I am having tons of "no luck" connecting with Nacho and Cynthia. We are sailing in July and wish to book with them as my first choice. I have tried several different emails but no answer. Any additional suggestions? I'm about to go with another tour but I am a selfish American and I want my way!!! HELP.

I am booked with them for my July sailing ont he Legend. I emailed them here nacho_cynthia@yahoo.com and they got back to me both times (once inquiring and once booking) within 24 hours.

We just got back Saturday from the 6/2/2007 aboard the Carnival Glory. We went with cave-tubing.com and Dennis was our tour guide. They take much larger groups from what I could tell and excel in keeping groups together and moving quickly. The tour guides made sure everyone was okay, and carried extra tubes for those who weren't able to carry them the entire walk. They were very knowledgable in what they were doing and where they were going, constantly pointing out different features of Belize City and the countryside, the rainforest, and the caves itself. We went through two caves and had time to jump off this cool cliff at the end of the tour (which was REALLY FUN).

We didn't have time to stop on the way back at any restaurants like some other people who have gone with this tour group have done, but they did quickly stop at a local grocery store to pick up snacks for those who wanted them. They only did this because people had inquired about it, and there were kids onboard the buses who were hungry, so it was nice that they took notice.

You pay cavetubing.com shortly before you arrive back at the cruise pier, which keeps the entire staff working hard all they way up until the end. They joked with us "losing one of you guys would be like losing $45." Of course, they took care of us out of pure hospitality and they were really great people. They were very amusing, constantly cracking jokes to the river and on the way back and poking fun at each other. Although their buses do have A/C, with 45 people on the bus in 90 degree weather, it was hard to get it cool, and their humor kept our minds off of the heat.

The best part was seeing how much they lived up to their claims on their website. If you go to cavetubing.com, you will see posted videos of their tours vs. other tours (mostly the cruise ship's). It was fun to see us zipping by the struggling cruise ship tourees just as their videos had pointed out. The value of this trip was amazing, only $45 a person, and $10 t-shirts at the end that had the key phrase of cave tubing, "Butt's Up!"

We just got back from the Carnival Glory sailing of 6/2. We used Nacho and Cynthia for our zip line/cave tube adventure and we would highly recommend them. We were a group of ten ranging from 11 yrs old to 64 years old and we all had a great time. We were the first group to arrive at the zip line and got ahead of the "mass buses" of the cruise line and other operators. Our walk to the cave tubing was only 20 minutes versus the 50 minutes of the large group tours. Then when the other groups were all walking out of the cave we had a local lunch at the Jaguar Paw resort just steps away. On the long ride back to Belize city we told riddles and jokes and had a great time. Tell Ignacio and Cynthia that Barry says hello when you book with them. By far the best private excursion I have booked in over ten cruises.

Yeah!! got Email back from Nacho and Cynthia and we are booked!!!!:D Stupid question of the day--Did anyone tip Nacho and Cynthia in addition to the fee you paid. There are 8 of us -- 4 adults and 4 kids.

Archived