My wish for POH itinerary in Europe - what is yours?

NCL already has the Eastern med pretty well covered so my hope is that they consider one that is heavy on ports in Italy (read that Venice, Messina, Naples, Rome and Florence). Maybe then cruising on with a stop near Monte Carlo and then Barcelona.

We'll see.

There you have it - my wish. Now what is yours?

Ciao,

W A W W

Being the innovators that NCL are, I hope they would consider some new ports - for example I would love if they cruise the Black Sea and stop in NESSEBAR, BULGARIA - the place is beautiful and very rich in history, culture and architecture.

Rada

Additional Ports in Greece would be nice, as well as Turkey and Morocco! Something exotic...

Whatever they come out with, I'm sure we'll be on it or on the Jewel next year, as we are currently planning a B2B in Europe.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Additional Ports in Greece would be nice, as well as Turkey and Morocco! Something exotic...

Whatever they come out with, I'm sure we'll be on it or on the Jewel next year, as we are currently planning a B2B in Europe.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I see we will be sailing together on September 29th. Terrific! Our roll call is a little slow right now, but I'm hoping things will pick up when we get closer to our departure.

Thanks too for adding your two cents here...we're looking at Europe for Fall 2008 - my preference would be to go with NCL however the ports are going to be the deciding factor.

Ciao,

W A W W

NCL already has the Eastern med pretty well covered so my hope is that they consider one that is heavy on ports in Italy (read that Venice, Messina, Naples, Rome and Florence). Maybe then cruising on with a stop near Monte Carlo and then Barcelona.

We'll see.

There you have it - my wish. Now what is yours?

Ciao,

W A W W

Your wish is actually a one time Norwegian Gem cruise that I am booked on in October (10/21-10/28).

Day Port Arrive Depart

Sun Barcelona - 7:00 PM

Mon At Sea

Tue Messina 8:00 AM-5:30 PM

Wed Rome (Civitavecchia)9:00 AM-9:00 PM

Thu Naples/Pompeii 7:00 AM-6:00 PM

Fri [Florence/Pisa (Livorno)9:30 AM-9:00 PM

Sat Nice (Villefranche) 7:00 AM-3:00 PM

Sun Barcelona 5:00 AM

NCL already has the Eastern med pretty well covered

I disagree with this statement - the only time that NCL goes to the Eastern Med is at the beginning and end of the season - outwith the main July / August school holiday season which is when we went to cruise.

I would like to see - Eastern Med and longer than 10 days or perhaps a 5 days + 9 days to give people even more options (similar idea to the Pearl's current sailings).

14 days in the Eastern Med - we'll be booking!

I see we will be sailing together on September 29th. Terrific! Our roll call is a little slow right now, but I'm hoping things will pick up when we get closer to our departure.

Thanks too for adding your two cents here...we're looking at Europe for Fall 2008 - my preference would be to go with NCL however the ports are going to be the deciding factor.

Ciao,

W A W W

I've lurked around the 9/29 Roll Calls a bit but had been focusing first on our two other Pearl sailings in March and tomorrows (Yipee!). When I return, I will be jumping on that Roll Call. I promise.

We would really like to go with NCL, that's why we've been waiting (someday's not so) patiently for them to release their '08 deployment. I wouldn't imagine doing Europe with Traditional Dining! I think Freestyle is the way to go especially in Europe. (At least, that's our point of view)

I agree with Stillfloatin', air to Europe is expensive that's why we are looking at a B2B. Italy and Greece work for me too. Perhaps a couple of Exotic stops would be nice too.

Your wish is actually a one time Norwegian Gem cruise that I am booked on in October (10/21-10/28).

Day Port Arrive Depart

Sun Barcelona - 7:00 PM

Mon At Sea

Tue Messina 8:00 AM-5:30 PM

Wed Rome (Civitavecchia)9:00 AM-9:00 PM

Thu Naples/Pompeii 7:00 AM-6:00 PM

Fri [Florence/Pisa (Livorno)9:30 AM-9:00 PM

Sat Nice (Villefranche) 7:00 AM-3:00 PM

Sun Barcelona 5:00 AM

I saw that and it's a wonderful itinerary. The only other stop that would fulfill my "dream" would be Venice (and maybe Dubrovnik - my friend stopped there last year and said it was really beautiful). Actually your itinerary might be doable for us just the way it is...but they need to offer it more than once. I wonder if that will be a consideration? I hope so.

Time will tell and who knows...maybe someone from NCL is reading this now and saying to themselves "hey..that's a good idea." Yes...when I dream, I dream HARD!

Thanks for responding and have a wonderful trip.

Ciao,

W A W W

Exotic Itineraries: NCL already has some more unusual Mediterranean itineraries, but unfortunately they're only offered in Spring and Fall. I wish they were offered during the summer, too. It'd be nice if they could have two or three alternating itineraries as well. Interesting stops: Crete, Tunisia, Dubrovnik, Santorini, Alexandria, etc.

2 Nights in Rome: I can't find any cruise that has 2 days in Rome. There is so much I want to see there, one day isn't enough. I'm sure cost is an issue, but I'd gladly pay a premium for a cruise that overnighted in Rome.

Archived