Sailing 27th May - Comments Appreciated

pould

Hi everybody,

Love the forums here - by far the best on the web for cruises.

We're sailing on the CB on the 27th of May (our 1st wedding anniversary - honeymooned on the Grand Princess in the Med) for the fortnight cruise. I presume since it is two 7 day cruises back to back there will be 4 formal nights in total? Is that right?

Staying in Cabin A239 - Any comments?

As we're English, can anybody tell us whether there will be lots of kids on board at this time of year? We don't know what the US school holidays are and it is the Whitsun Weekend we start the cruise.

Any general comments on CB appreciated. Anybody else here going on the cruise?

You are sailing on the American Memorial Day Weekend...being Canadian I have no idea how big a deal that is to them.

The CB is a wonderful ship, you'll love it.

Have you seen your Roll call? A whole board of people going on your cruise.

I don't think you should worry about too many kids. We observe Memorial Day on May 28th. Schools usually are still in session until early and mid June (in my area they are) can't speak for the rest of the US. It is usually spring break and summer that the ships have more children cruising. Enjoy your cruise and Happy Anniversary:)

Hi everybody,

Love the forums here - by far the best on the web for cruises.

We're sailing on the CB on the 27th of May (our 1st wedding anniversary - honeymooned on the Grand Princess in the Med) for the fortnight cruise. I presume since it is two 7 day cruises back to back there will be 4 formal nights in total? Is that right?

Each 7 day cruise has 2 formal nights so yes, on your b2b cruises, you will have 4 formal nights.

Staying in Cabin A239 - Any comments?

As we're English, can anybody tell us whether there will be lots of kids on board at this time of year? We don't know what the US school holidays are and it is the Whitsun Weekend we start the cruise.

Don't know about your 1st week but on your 2nd week, summer vacation will have started in Florida

Any general comments on CB appreciated. Anybody else here going on the cruise?

CB is a great ship. We were on in February and found the entertainment to be the best we have ever had. The food was also very good. If you like seafood, you'll be in heaven. Be sure to try the Cafe Caribe.

Enjoy your cruise! Happy Anniversary!:)

I don't think it will be too crowded with kids, not like later in the summer. However, in our neck of the woods--Nebraska--and most surrounding states--the smaller schools almost always get out before Memorial Day (usually the last weekend in May) unless they have an enormous amount of snow days to make up. We're scheduled out May 18 here, granddaughter in Montana about the same. I think you will hit a 'gap' where most families are not yet ready to take a vacation. Schools in our cities run a little later, first week in June.

I know the east coast schools get out much later, though.

You can also call Princess (1-800-PRINCESS) and ask how many children are on the cruise (not that it matters now as you are already booked). After reading all the negative comments this week in the reviews (it was spring break), I called and ask, just because I was curious to know the amount of children that would be sailing with us. For the June 17 cruise on CB - so far about 400. They told me their limit was 800 children (those 18yrs old and under). Just an FYI. And for the record, I like children - I have two grown children that we took on cruises with us when they were living in our home...

Archived