Always check prices before Custom Air

I booked a cruise for 2008, thought I might get a benifit doing the air thru RCCL I had just made Diamond. Even with the cab fare the price thru American was over $150 better thru the airline and I have the benefit of being able to upgrade which you can not do if you purchase air thru the cruise line.

Bottom Line:

Air and transfers thru RCCL 469.00

Air without transfers (with potential upgrade to 1st class) 318.60.

It pays to shop around. I even talked to customer service to see if they could even get close to that price and they said they could not. Both are the same direct flights thru DFW to FLL. Cruise port is very close by...even with cab fare I am well ahead of the game.

Hope this helps someone. I thought that maybe the prices were about the same, when you counted in the transfers, but that is not the case for me.

Happy Cruising!

It should go without saying that it always pays to know the prices and flight schedules available before deciding whether to book through the cruiseline or on your own. There are times when the cruiseline will offer better prices and other times, especially if you are flying out of major airport hubs, when you can do better on your own, even adding in the cost of transfers. We have booked through the cruiseline when it was advantageous (our upcoming TA for example) and on our own, when we found a better deal (eg. our February flights between Boston and Santo Domingo). There is no "one right way" for all instances. Check out all your options and then do what makes the most sense for you.:)

Archived