Customs at LAX

Texed

We have been to Tahiti a couple of times, but I can't remember how long it takes to go through customs after returning to LAX. I know it will vary depending on how many planes are coming in and the number of agents working, but does anyone have the approximate time to clear? We want to make sure we have plenty of time to catch our plane from LA to home. :)

Thanks in advance,

We just returned on Monday night to LAX from Tahiti. Customs took us about 15 minutes at the most. The line for non-US citizens was much longer. We came in on Air France at 7:20 p.m. but there was also another flight that landed about the same time. Our luggage was some of the first off the plane and all suitcases came down together, so it made it easy and fast. Other posts I've read regarding the same questions said about this same thing. Hope it helps....have a wonderful time, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

We just returned on Monday night to LAX from Tahiti. Customs took us about 15 minutes at the most. Hope it helps....have a wonderful time' date=' I'd go back in a heartbeat.[/quote']

Thank you very much for the info. I looked around, but did not see any posts concerning customs lately, so I am glad it went smoothly for you. :)

What a surprize to see somone I have sailed with and someone I was hoping to sail with on the same post.

Hi Pennie- thanks for your post for me on roll call. We are meeting with Ric and Tina in Las Vegas this October, interested.

Hi Texed- hope things are going well and you enjoy the PG. I think we may go that way next time. I hope already there will be a next time.

Hi Texed- hope things are going well and you enjoy the PG. I think we may go that way next time. I hope already there will be a next time.

I know what you mean, we are alredy looking at itineraries for PG for next year. :)

We got in around 10am to LAX from Tahiti and customs took quite awhile (nearly an hour, I think), but we were flying last August when the FAA had just implemented to no liquids, gels, etc. policy (before passengers were even allowed the 3 oz. size), so I think that make it much slower.

We flew in on Air Tahiti a few days before Pennie on Saturday Morning around 930am. It was a breeze. By the time we got to the baggage area our luggage was already coming around - 1, 2, 3, 4 - we got them all in less than 5 minutes. The line for customs was really fast as well. We were at our next gate with food and drinks by 10:30am.

Archived