Adventure OTS Questions

From what I remember, it took us around 30 minutes to get from the airport to the pier. However, we didn't arrive there at peak time, all of the huge lines were gone by the time we go there (3:30ish), so we didn't have to deal with the traffic. There are also several speed bumps to deal with, so no one can really rush when you get close to the pier. If you're getting there earlier when there were be lots of people unloading, I could imagine the whole process could take an hour, but I could be wrong.

Its fifteen minutes tops from the airport to the Pan Am pier where AOS docks. Because the AOS does not sail till 10 p.m. the check in is spread out throughout the day and the lines never get terribly long.

On our 3/18/07 AOS trip, we arrived at 12:30 at the pier and were on the ship in 5 minutes!!! Took longer to walk up the ramps to the ship than it did to check in.

If you are worried about taxi prices, they are set by the govt. (you pick up the cab right outside of the baggage pickup area at the airport) and it was $18 for two people and four bags without tip. You check in with a dispatcher at the taxi area, tell them where you are going and they give you a slip with the fare amount written on it to give to the driver.

Archived