Galveston Hotel Suggestion???

viciouslysh

Do you have any good suggestions where to stay in Galveston? I chose one on the coast last time but didn't like it at all. We are sailing in June on the Conquest.

We stayed at the Hotel Galvez. Fabulous hotel. It is expensive, but I found it well worth it. (I had my Mom and her husband with me and they had never been to Galveston. Had to give them the full package!). Check out http://www.galveston.com/islandhotels/. Good luck!

We normally stay at the Hilton at San Luis Resort. It a little high. But in our case we are drove there the night before from out of state. They will then let you park your car free and provide a free shuttle to and from the ship.

In the long run its cheaper to stay at a very nice hotel and get the parking vs

a cheaper hotel and pay for port parking.

We stayed at the Hotel Galvez. Fabulous hotel. It is expensive, but I found it well worth it. (I had my Mom and her husband with me and they had never been to Galveston. Had to give them the full package!). Check out http://www.galveston.com/islandhotels/. Good luck!

We stayed at the Hotel Galvez when we sailed out of Galveston a few years back, too. It IS fabulous!

Do they still have the lobby web cam? I remember when we got there we called our sons and foster grand-daughter and they got online so they could see us there! *L* Our little foster grand-daughter was very little at the time, and got really excited about seeing us on the computer!

We won't stay anywhere but the Harbor House at the pier ,there is nothing like getting a harbor view room and opening your curtains in the morning to see your ship RIGHT there !It is a Wyndham Hotel and can be booked through them. You can leave your car there for the cruise for 10.00 as well. It is a block from the Strand district,which makes it nice to walk there and leave your car parked.We just roll our luggage a couple of blocks to the terminal and turn it over to a porter and you're there.

Galveston hotels can be pricey in the summer months and sometimes (as other posters have said) require a 2 night stay.

You might try some of the hotels on the mainland around the Clear Lake area.....go to www.clearlakehotels.com .....you would be about a 30 minute drive from Galveston, have the Kemah Boardwalk and NASA nearby for something to do

I stayed at the Ramada Limited on seawall in February. It was ok and price was good. Lots of rooms have balconies which was nice. The free breakfast needs some improvement but it was within walking of lots of shops, just accross the street from the beach and was fine for one night.

I will probably go back in January for the next cruise.

Thanks for the link!!! Did you stay 2 nights? Looks like that's the minimum.

Nope, just one. We paid to park our cars there as well. We had 3 rooms that one night. I went through the Galveston website to book - maybe that's the difference?

Archived